I've reinstalled from scratch (JL commander, etc) the Rogers OS 4.6 vers. 162 onto my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Deja Vu -- No Calendar Reminders on Rogers OS 162!

Advertisement

I've reinstalled from scratch (JL commander, etc) the Rogers OS 4.6 vers. 162 onto my Rogers Bold tonight, after noticing some niggly little problems and no reminders for calendar on my previous upgrade.

No such luck.

I've found that the audio calendar alarm reminders for calendar items do not work with this OS version.

The calendar was working on the original .125 version that the Bold was shipped with.

This is the same problem that surfaced with the Curves when they first came out. At that time, there were some workarounds (deleting CAL files, I believe). But you'd think this issue would be settled.

Anyone else noticing this?

Another problem --- something that's consistent with all versions -- is no escalating alarm function. The sound does not increase with time.

Am I alone in these problems, or have others noticed this?

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3
    That brings up bad memories for me! I had that problem with my Curve, and your workaround was how I solved it. Been waiting on the Bold here in the States, but starting to lose enthusiasm now...

dbltap no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm really of the opinion any code level prior to .167 is pre-release beta. It certainly wasn't of the maturity/stability level we have grown to expect from RIM. .162 was pretty good. But still had a few issues. So far the .167 looks like what we would have expected as a stable working platform.

We aren't seeing the huge jumps in code versions any more. I got my bold almost a month ago with ver .125. In the first 2 weeks, I updated 4 times. Only twice in the last 2 weeks. from .150 to .162 to .167. It's a great device ... NOW. I agree with many the Rogers release was too early.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    honestly ? i havent seen anybody with that problem just yet. But then again i never tried the rogers 162. Had the beta 162 and now the beta 167 and soon the beta 170. So yeah could be a bug in the official rogers 162

PIN/ID
    I tried the old delete extra CICAL books as a test to see whether that will restore the Calendar alarms, but it didn't make a difference. Quite frustrating given that this wasn't a problem with the old .125 Rogers version (which had other bugs)

PIN/ID
    Ok, I'm dumb. I forgot to take it off 'mute' in the profiles section. It works.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    LMAO !!!
    We are all dumb