Here's the situation......i have three emails set up on the bold. I notice that responding ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

default email problem......anyone?

Advertisement

Here's the situation......i have three emails set up on the bold. I notice that responding to emails my default email is used. when i send pics it uses my other email....how do i change that? i want my default email used for everything. I have tried changing the BIS settings, also default settings, everything..............................does anyone have any suggestions or a fix?

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    If you are Responding then your reply will be from the email, that the person sent you the email to. When you are composing an email, you can select send using and select which email to use.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    If you are Responding then your reply will be from the email, that the person sent you the email to. When you are composing an email, you can select send using and select which email to use.
    yeah...i know this.... what im trying to say is that when i send my pics it is sent from another email and not my default email. I want it to send from my default email without having to choose. My previous bb's didn't have this problem. or is the bold just like this...anyone?
    Last edited by Ranz; 01-21-2009 at 02:18 PM.

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    I have the same problem with my Curve, I havent figured out how to change the default, but I just take a minute every time I send a pic to change it...not sure if there's a fix for this

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I also noticed that when composing a new email, it will match the domain of the recipient with any account I have that has the same domain. Kind of handy, really. So, for example, my default email address is xxx-at-gmail.com and a second account is xxx-at-xyz.com. If I compose an email to johndoe-at-xyz.com, it will use my xxx-at-xyz.com instead of the default. I actually kind of like this feature. Not sure about the sending of pics. Haven't seen it before that I recall. I'll have to test later.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    yeah kinda annoying for me...lol. with my pearl i never had this problem. the curve as well. i guess this is what it is with the bold. if anyone knows please post ....ty!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    One thing I'd like to add is that no matter what your default email address is set to, it remembers for each contact the last email address you used to send them an email. So if you send an email to Joe with your secondary email, the next time you send them an email, it will default to the secondary address until you change it back for that person. Make sense?

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    One thing I'd like to add is that no matter what your default email address is set to, it remembers for each contact the last email address you used to send them an email. So if you send an email to Joe with your secondary email, the next time you send them an email, it will default to the secondary address until you change it back for that person. Make sense?
    Maybe that's what I'm seeing instead of the domain matching theory. I can't remember if I changed which account I sent from the first time sending to a contact. It makes sense (and is a pretty slick idea/implementation on RIM's part).
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3