Every time i send a picture trough email it tries to send it default from ... BlackBerry Bold forum

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2

default account for sending pictures

Advertisement

Every time i send a picture trough email it tries to send it default from my hotmail address , which is crazy slow .
    I keep changing it to DESKTOP (bes account) , but every time i try to send it defaults back to my hotmail . So I have to think about changing the "from address" each time (which I forget often)
    I'd like it to use my BES account default for these kind of things.

How do I achieve this ?

Regards ,

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE
    Not sure if this is the right place to set the defaults for emailing photos but you might try Tools/Advance Options/Default Services and select the messaging email address you want as default.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    The account you use to send the picture should not make a difference, both accounts has to go thru your provider. The speed is the same regardless.

When you send from hotmail, it does not actually use hotmail's SMTP server

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieH View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to set the defaults for emailing photos but you might try Tools/Advance Options/Default Services and select the messaging email address you want as default.
    I forgot to mention that i have put my BES account as default there , still it doesn't use that as default sending address and keeps reverting back to hotmail for sending pictures out .

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    The account you use to send the picture should not make a difference, both accounts has to go thru your provider. The speed is the same regardless.

When you send from hotmail, it does not actually use hotmail's SMTP server

I would like to get an insight as to why it is using my hotmail as default send address for pictures .
    Besides , it looks very unprofessional when people get pictures from my hotmail address . They often see it as junk .