Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well I just got back from looking at the storm and lets just say I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Well I just got back from looking at the storm and lets just say I will be keeping the Bold. Oddly after trying to type on the Storm at pace I went and picked up and iphone to play with and it was to me a night and day difference. In more ways than one the iphone beats the storm. As far as the bold vs the iphone I love the Bold. As far as the Bold vs the new upcoming Javelin, I actually think 3g is a must for me now so I will therefore be keeping my Bold.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by romy101 View Post
    As far as the Bold vs the new upcoming Javelin, I actually think 3g is a must for me now so I will therefore be keeping my Bold.
    The Javelin 89xx beats my Bold any day. Higher resolution display, better, faster keyboard. Far less big & bulky, smooth flush covered camera lens and 3G, couldn't ask for more.

The new 3G Curve, destined to be the most popular BlackBerry of all.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    The Javelin isn't slated to have 3g.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Unless there was a memo I missed.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    The Javelin isn't slated to have 3g.
    The next Javelin - Magnum i believe - actually its another name the Magnum is the javelin form factor 3G touchscreen+keyboard - anyways back on subject - will have 3G and is rumored for about Q2 2009 or Q3

Wow, possibly Q3...that's so far ahead.......do those RIM folks ever go home?

Unless there was a memo I missed.
    It's way past a memo. Its already out of R&D & on RIM's internal road map for mid 2009 as follows

Codename: Javelin
    Model: Curve 8900 edge out soon
    Model: Curve 89xx 3G out Q2~Q3

The 89xx will be the equivalent of todays 8310 / 8320 models. Perfectly sorted out, bug free, ideal OS, great styling, world class ergonomic keyboard.

THE BlackBerry to have!

In your opinion, what is the purpose of having both a 3G and non 3G version?

In your opinion, what is the purpose of having both a 3G and non 3G version?
    Good question, here's why. Right now its important that the Bold be the premier top of the line BlackBerry. RIM is not about to release a new Curve with 3G now as it would threaten Bold sales, just like the Curve 83xx trumped the (then) top of the line 88xx. A mistake they are not going to repeat.

So for now the Curve lovers get a new model, then not to much later they get the 3G model. In addition it's highly likely at that time all BlackBerrys will have 3G (finally).

Sent via Archer's BlackBerry

Oh, and do not misunderstand - they will not have BOTH EDGE & 3G models. The 8900 will be replaced by the 89xx.

Sent via Archer's BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by romy101 View Post
    Well I just got back from looking at the storm and lets just say I will be keeping the Bold. Oddly after trying to type on the Storm at pace I went and picked up and iphone to play with and it was to me a night and day difference. In more ways than one the iphone beats the storm. As far as the bold vs the iphone I love the Bold. As far as the Bold vs the new upcoming Javelin, I actually think 3g is a must for me now so I will therefore be keeping my Bold.
    My EXACT sentiments

If the Javelin does come out with a 3G version, I may opt for it. But until then, the Bold is my current BlackBerry.

If the Javelin is only EDGE, well then I will pass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123