Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why not wait for the unlocked Storm to come out?... BlackBerry Bold forum

saigon no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Why not wait for the unlocked Storm to come out?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    bama is looking good. hope they can hang on to the#1
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    Is it wrong to just want both?!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    <--- ATT customer contemplating a move to verizon as well....

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The good news for me is I ported from tmobile so I have 30 days to "check it out" wihout penalty. I can pick up the storm in 2 weeks and basically keep the one I prefer. People here seem to think Verizon is not a good network though. Right now 3G at my home is solid. I could not even get a signal on tmobile before.

Well after a week or so I think I have made up my mind to return the Bold. My decision is due to the huge amount of errors I make when trying to type on the keyboard. Blackberries in general are productivity devices for some, and in my case it is very true. I type very fast and getting around and typing in a speedy fashion is a must. I gave it a try and it did not keep up with me and my curve. I think the Javelin may be for me, but we will wait and see what the storm has in store. I loved the speed of 3G, the call quality and the stability and responsiveness of the OS. In the end though I can't deal with slowing myself down to the device when I operate faster on the older curve.

lanestith no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok bud just buy the bold. you with love it. Ya its a lot of money but it is totally worth it. I am in debt up to my knees with my mom and my grandparents because of it but its worth every hour of work i'll have to do.
    Cash Rules Everything Around Me C.R.E.A.M. - Wu Tang Clan

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    I got my bold about a month ago, and i too am excited about the storm, but knowing Blackberry history, i would wait 3-4 months after the first release, they seeming be hit n miss depending on the company on first release until a new reviced OS is released. i will probably wait for Next year and upgrade to a storm couple months after release, sell my bold heh

Quote Originally Posted by romy101 View Post
    I never post here but read a lot. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the bold to replace my curve. I am on Tmobile. It seems ATT has lost my business because of the delay, because the Storm now has my undivided attention. I don't know if I will like Verizon but ATT has proved to me that their high prices don't make up for the aggravation they cause with delaying their release.

This is a Bold thread I know but I am wondering how many people are in my same boat.

I may keep an eye on the storm but I have to play with it to see if the touch screen hampers me in real world productivity. That is the main reason I gripe with the bold. It's really an A/B comparison, curve vs bold and at the top of my list Ive found out is the keyboard. Now it's curve vs storm I suppose. I think Javelin may be the holy grail since it has the same spaced keyboard as the curve. This is a Bold thread so I will hang my hat elsewhere for now. Thanks guys and to all who are happy with their Bold, kudos, it still is a great phone.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I wish i could have the best of both worlds!!! TMO and the storm!!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Well after a week or so I think I have made up my mind to return the Bold. My decision is due to the huge amount of errors I make when trying to type on the keyboard. Blackberries in general are productivity devices for some, and in my case it is very true. I type very fast and getting around and typing in a speedy fashion is a must. I gave it a try and it did not keep up with me and my curve.
    In the end though I can't deal with slowing myself down to the device when I operate faster on the older curve.
    This reflects my experience with the Bold. While I found the keyboard the very best of its type, as compared to the 8820, it was still much slower than my 8310 Curve. And that was after using the Bold exclusively for 5, 12hr days. Plus my mind was set on adapting as there was so much about the Bold I liked.
    However between the keyboard, & the fact that mine had too many faults, some of which AT&T said they had no fix for, nor any guess as to when they might be fixed. Thus I happily returned to my fast, trusty Curve 8310.
    sent via BlackBerry of course!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    Is it wrong to just want both?!
    Actually that's a sign that you are at the top of your game!
    A true BlackBerry Advocate!
    Cheers

I may keep an eye on the storm but I have to play with it to see if the touch screen hampers me in real world productivity. That is the main reason I gripe with the bold. It's really an A/B comparison, curve vs bold and at the top of my list Ive found out is the keyboard. Now it's curve vs storm I suppose. I think Javelin may be the holy grail since it has the same spaced keyboard as the curve..
    Based on what I know to be true about the upcoming Javelin to be released as the Curve 8900 you will not be disappointed. I'm set to buy one upon release.
    >Unofficially <
    OS improvements are being made (based on what RIM has learned with the Bold) to assure that users will not have to deal with having to update the device for it to work properly. While experienced users have done this easily on the Bold, first time users without the technical understanding have overloaded AT&T's help line & tech chat service. A mistake that RIM will not repeat. Therefore all of us who choose the 8900 will have a great user experience.
    sent via BlackBerry 8310

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have to agree with archer here. I think that the Bold OS was rushed in an effort to get the device out quickly. And even then, it was quite late from the projected release date.

I highly doubt that there will be as much trouble with the Javelin. The Bold OS not only had interface updates, but going to more flash memory in the device and other hardware updates, I'm thinking there were tremendous under the hood updates. Most of these will port to the Javelin and therefore, any development they do for the Bold will only increase the stability of future devices.

Then again, that's just my opinion!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quick update. I still have the Bold and after cutting my fingernails (regular grooming) and working as usual I am naturally typing faster on the Bold now. The unit is excellent on call quality, expecially speakerphone which I use regularly in my studio to have clients listen in on video productions (I am in video production). If the storm was not on the horizon I would say now I could live with it. The typing difference coming from the curve has slowly worn off. My hand adapted I suppose. 3G has come in very handy as it has increased my productivity out of the office reading email attachments and such. It the storm blows I am leaning towards keeping the Bold now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast