Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I never post here but read a lot. I have been waiting and waiting and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Decided not to wait on Bold. Storm looks tempting

Advertisement

I never post here but read a lot. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the bold to replace my curve. I am on Tmobile. It seems ATT has lost my business because of the delay, because the Storm now has my undivided attention. I don't know if I will like Verizon but ATT has proved to me that their high prices don't make up for the aggravation they cause with delaying their release.

This is a Bold thread I know but I am wondering how many people are in my same boat.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    <--- ATT customer contemplating a move to verizon as well....

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tmobile customer also thinking about returning to VZN for the Storm. I swore them off but am willing to face the facts: if you want a fast network wherever you go they have it and ATT doesn't. Wifi is not needed with VZN. And touchscreens are pretty cool with that big screen. I've been paying attention to the Bold posts and ATT isn't ready for 3G primetime I'm afraid.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    ATT isn't ready for 3G primetime I'm afraid.
    i'm afraid you are right...pure speculation (based on forum rumors) but i am leaning towards this reason why the bold hasn't been released...

JT Stringfellow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2159AB3B
    Not me I'm staying with ATT...for one Verizon doesn't have good coverage whr I stay and I wouldn't leave for the Storm don't get me wrong I like the phone but ATT delaying the Bold for a good reason you see Orange dropped it due to software issues so I'm not gonna leave ATT just for the Storm....why leave ATT who has good coverage and I've been with for 5 years for the Storm ill pass I'm waiting.. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well as archer mentionned a couple times other 3G devices work flawlessly on att's network (iphone 3G aside obviously lol)
    But yeah if I was in the US I'd either be with Tmo or VZ.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Stringfellow View Post
    Not me I'm staying with ATT...for one Verizon doesn't have good coverage whr I stay and I wouldn't leave for the Storm don't get me wrong I like the phone but ATT delaying the Bold for a good reason you see Orange dropped it due to software issues so I'm not gonna leave ATT just for the Storm....why leave ATT who has good coverage and I've been with for 5 years for the Storm ill pass I'm waiting.. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    you have a lot of patience

i'm worried about the coverage too...so, i'll prolly just end up waiting it out too

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Saw the Horns play CU in Boulder weekend before last. They look good. Went to see the son of a pal who started at TE but he got hurt in game #3 and had knee surgery.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Huh ? Lol.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    Saw the Horns play CU in Boulder weekend before last. They look good. Went to see the son of a pal who started at TE but he got hurt in game #3 and had knee surgery.
    they looked even better this past weekend against OU

-hijack over-

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    I like the storm too but I wouldnt leave ATT for a phone (even a BB). Ill wait for my next upgrade for the bold or a GSM version of the storm (instert prayers here).~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jay_d83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0FCBC
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    they looked even better this past weekend against OU

-hijack over-

They won't be #1 for long!! Trust me!! They'll lose to Missouri this weekend!!
    BB FrEaK

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I would never consider Verizon. Simply because they are NOT GSM.

romy101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So today I went in and got a Bold. Coming from Tmobile and edge I must say I like the speed of the new 3G network. I opted not to get the storm finally because I travel to the caribbean sometimes and need my gsm phone by my side (i always buy a prepaid sim when I get there). So far it is bigger than my little curve and the screen is super nice. I am not a fan of the plain looking icons that all resemble one another but all in all the call quality is excellent and I am happy with the upgrade. Time to go work and help pay for it.

By the way typing is cool but not as fast as with my curve yet because of the spaces between the keys on the curve that my hand got used to. I feel this will go away in a few weeks as my hand gets familiar with the bold. Wifi is neat but will I ever use it since I have 3G now? Don't know.
    Last edited by romy101; 11-04-2008 at 12:04 PM.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Don't do it > go to Verizon from ATT... the Storm in enticing, I agree, but that network is ridiculous from a customer service perspective...

The phone has now released - delays happen. Consider how upset you all would be if it released and didn't work right... ATT did you a favor in holding off, no matter how frustrating it has been

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast