I was reading up about the issue not being able to view CV without BIS/BES ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question CV on the Bold

Advertisement

I was reading up about the issue not being able to view CV without BIS/BES change. I went into at&t today to swap my BIS off and on. When i noticed my bill this evening my BB plan went from 39.99 to 50.00 dollars. Anyone else had there plan price increased? I'm hoping the in store rep did it wrong, and I wont have a bill increase.

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    The rep misunderstood what "reprovisioning" means lmao!!

All accounts that have a Bold on them need to have the plan, taken off and put back on again to "enable" the CV (as you seems aware of), call back into cust care and have them put you back on your previous plan as CV will work on a BlackBerry Personal plan, the rep placed you on either a BES plan or a BB Tethering plan by mistake.

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok I was scratching my head on that one. thanks for your help.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    This from another BlackBerry News site that shall remain nameless:
    It appears some users upgrading to a BlackBerry Bold from another BlackBerry on AT&T can run into issues using CV. AT&T posted this internal memo on their Intranet site to alert reps. The good news, its an easy fix. I have also included the document about the CV add on to BlackBerry data plans.
    Channel: COR / Local Dealer / DMDR / National Retail / National Dealer

Roles: Representative and Above

Markets: All Markets

An issue has been identified with customers on existing Blackberry Personal Plans who switch to using a Bold.

Summary: When accessing a CV video clip, a message that a Media Net plan is required may appear for existing subscribers on the Blackberry Personal Plan. Any customers who purchase a Bold and activate a new BB Personal plan will have no issues with accessing/using CV.

Resolution: Remove existing BlackBerry Personal Plan and then add the current applicable BlackBerry Personal plan (BIA1 / BIP1) and retest CV. After provisioning completes, explain to the customer that prorated charges may appear on their bill, however the cost will net out to the monthly price

Notification will be provided when the problem has been resolved in the biller and the above workaround is no longer required.

Attached Images Attached Images
    JerryD

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    That is great info... very thorough Jerry.... thx

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD