I haven't been able to find this anywhere but I've used the 8700, 8300, 8310, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3

Creating a hyperlink..

Advertisement

I haven't been able to find this anywhere but I've used the 8700, 8300, 8310, 8800, 8820... I currently own the Bold and it may be a dumb question but... when I used to start typing h=t=t=p:// or double-u-double-u=double-udot anything i typed after it would automatically be turned into a hyperlink. Same thing would happen if i wrote anything at anything dot com . Or if i copied and pasted a link.. it would automatically turn to a hyperlink. Now on my Bold, it doesn't do that no matter what I type and there's no option to insert a hyperlink. I know if i'm actually in the browser and i hit send address it will insert the hyperlink but it was much easier if i wanted to type yahoo.com or if i am sending an email address.

Any ideas on this?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Interesting you should mention this. I just tried it on my Bold by composing a new e-mail to myself (using another address).

I put the text h-t-t-p://www.yahoo.com into the e-mail (without the dashes) and it worked just fine. Created a link which appeared in the received message as well as the sent message...

Not sure what could be doing this?!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    The BB os creates links for web addresses, phone numbers, etc. by default. I don't know what deviation's been made while creating the addresses as mentioned above, but the feature can't be overridden

you can't send a hyperlink via BBM like you could on previous devices.. my previous device was an 8310 on 4.5 and it creates hyperlinks automatically as you begin to type w-w-w dot

it's just kind of annoying because I use BBM a lot and I send people reg site links and OTA links a lot and i receive links as well but i can't just click on it like before.. i have to copy and paste the link into the browser =(