Ok so I love the way people are making there phones stand out and I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PsicoKid no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248C8F61

crazy painting idea for my bold

Advertisement

Ok so I love the way people are making there phones stand out and I was thinking how can I do the same but push the bar a little bit more. So my idea is to have colorware paint my battery door and the bottom part to my bold(nothing new) and I paint my side keys and the silver lines on my keyborad to match the paint job from colorware.
    I got the idea to do this when I had to buy a touch up paint pen for my car. So what do all you stackers think let me know.

I have already bought the painted parts in the color of powder(blue) and dragon(dark green). I choose the blue cause it almost matches the color of my scion tc and the green cause it is my favorite color. So let me know what guys think and maybe how should I go about doing this also.
    Last edited by PsicoKid; 01-29-2009 at 02:10 AM. Reason: correction

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm sorry, I'm confused; which parts do you already have in blue and green, the body pieces or the side pieces?

PIN/ID
    248C8F61
    The battery door and the bottom pice on the front of the phone right below the keybord

Oh I see. Pictures would be great. Also, touch up paint sounds like a good idea, but I have no experience with that. I've only done work with spray paint.

You may be interested in this Pinstack group: http://forums.pinstack.com/group.php?groupid=26

PIN/ID
    248C8F61
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Oh I see. Pictures would be great. Also, touch up paint sounds like a good idea, but I have no experience with that. I've only done work with spray paint.

[/url]
    Thanks for the group I will check it out. I would love to shoe some pics but I have not gotten the parts yet. If you get a chance check. out colorwarepc.com and you can see the parts I was talking about.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Maybe you should have ssnxp help ya
    he's pretty good with painting the BB's.

Quote Originally Posted by PsicoKid View Post
    Thanks for the group I will check it out. I would love to shoe some pics but I have not gotten the parts yet. If you get a chance check. out colorwarepc.com and you can see the parts I was talking about.
    I've seen CWPC do some good work, but I prefer to paint stuff myself. I was just hoping to see them on your phone! If you're anything like me, you might want to get an extra set of buttons/keyboard to paint and keep your originals. You can find some at cnn.cn

However, the silver parts of the keyboard look to be attached to the keys. If this is the case, you'll have to use some kind of paint pen (or detailing brush) and do it VERY carefully; you cannot allow the paint to touch the black keys until the paint is completely dry. I personally would not recommend spray paint for the keyboard, as masking the keys well would be very difficult. You could spray paint the buttons, however.

Again, I recommend you get an extra set to paint, so you won't have to be without your Bold for a week or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Maybe you should have ssnxp help ya
    he's pretty good with painting the BB's.
    Thanks, Lava

PIN/ID
    248C8F61
    ya i have ordered the other parts for my painting project. I did fine some really point paint pens for the keybroad and a little bit bigger one for the side keys. I will post the pics as soon as I get my parts so everyone can see it before I paint the other stuff. You guys are great with all of the info and how to.

Sounds good, looking forward to the pics.