I think the FACEBOOK 1.5 leaked program has really screwed up my sync process with ... BlackBerry Bold forum

nbwitt no está en línea Stack level 1

Question crazy calendar

Advertisement

I think the FACEBOOK 1.5 leaked program has really screwed up my sync process with my computer. I had originally tied the facebook application to my address book, calendar etc to make for a more enjoyable and comprehensive use of the facebook app. That really messed up my sync process and to make a long story short I had to remove the links between the phone and the calendars otherwise I couldn't sync with outlook anylonger.

Now that I fixed the problem with the facebook and I can sync with my outlook again, it keeps adding my calendar events in my outlook office e-mail account to my hotmail account calendar. Now I have duplicate entries on everything that I had synced. My default e-mail address is my work e-mail, and I don't have anything on the hotmail address that could or would sync.

Is it possible to delete all of the service books for the calendar for each e-mail address that is not being used?

Anybody else had this problem?

Signed with frustration...

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can definitely delete the service books for the calendars that you don't use (I have 4 email addresses but delete the "CICAL" service books for all but one) but you are right, the Facebook 1.5 has added two new calendars - Facebook and "Device Default" that I never had before. So now with my email calendar, Device Default and Facebook I get triplicates! Once the calendar is open, you can select (under options) which calendar to view, and when I select just one (instead of view all) all the dupes go away, but there doesn't seem to be a setting yet to JUST display one on a permanent basis. Hopefully either 1: the official release of 1.5 FB will fix this or 2: RIM will release an update to fix this.

Well, I deleted all of my calendar service books except for my work calendar that I use, and I still have duplicates. The events are being stored on my device default calendar, which I can not change nor delete, and they are at least now back on my work e-mail calendar. Really weird.

GeekGirl2u no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there a way to watch YouTube video's on 8310 BB ?

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGirl2u View Post
    Is there a way to watch YouTube video's on 8310 BB ?
    Upgrade your os to 4.5, then you can watch youtube videos. The only thing about that is the quality is really poor.

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057

facebook and calendars

Quote Originally Posted by nbwitt View Post
    Well, I deleted all of my calendar service books except for my work calendar that I use, and I still have duplicates. The events are being stored on my device default calendar, which I can not change nor delete, and they are at least now back on my work e-mail calendar. Really weird.
    so if I delete all my service books for all my email calendars then i will only have the default calendar, is that right?
    the problem is that outlook syncs with my default email calendar and not with the one named "default".

Quote Originally Posted by jmajluf View Post
    so if I delete all my service books for all my email calendars then i will only have the default calendar, is that right?
    the problem is that outlook syncs with my default email calendar and not with the one named "default".
    Well, mine would sync with anything but the default calendar until the default calendar was the only one available to sync to. I worry about it not syncing at all if the default calendar doesn't have a default service book to associate with. I rely on my blackberry and my calendar so I don't want to try it. Right now it syncs with both, the default calendar and the phone default calendar (sounds confusing I know), so now everything is duplicated. At least it isn't tripled like it was before.

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I also never even saw that there was something called a "device default" calendar until I installed FB 1.5. Was it always there?