So this morning I wake up to my 9700 dead, again. This is twice now ... BlackBerry Bold forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Crash #2 since December...

Advertisement

So this morning I wake up to my 9700 dead, again. This is twice now since I bought it at the beginning of December, the other time happened Jan 19, 2010. I lover this phone I think its one of the best Blackberry has put out, but this crashing has got to stop.
    Wiping it clean now then will reload OS.
    Last edited by harm_dzines; 02-09-2010 at 01:25 AM.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If I were you I would return it and ask fora new one not refurbished but new. And be sure that it is not made in Mexico
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

aznarc no está en línea Stack level 1
    yea return it. i dont think this is a typical issue. it's probably made in mexico.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I 3rd it, get a new one, this is not normal!
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I kind of agree it's new and that should not happen. You should not be the one doing the work to make it work correctly.
    Return it if u can and ask for a new one. If it were older I may not feel that way.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hear hear all ! 9700 is a phone like no other !Buddy get another by hook or by crook !

Ya Im thinking of going in tomorrow and talk to them about this because I feel the same way.

I removed the battery for a few minutes as it was running super slow and noticed the white sticker by where the SIM sits and it does say "Made in Mexico 4" So whats the deal with the ones made in Mexico?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    There are tons of reported issues with them. Mine was also made in Mexico. One of the reasons why I had to let it go . But other than that it is a mean machine.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is your phone connected to your home wifi? TMO told there is a hardware issue when the Bold2 is connected to the WIFI and toggles back to 3G. It may cause it crash. I wouldn't say this for all providers, but call customer service to troubleshoot. Have them connect you to a BB specific geek.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Don't buy that. If it's a hardware issue it has nothing to do with something that's done wirelessly.

They'll Come up with a series of excuses not to issue you a new unit don't buy what they say. Thy know as much abou this issue as much as I know about landing monkeys in Saturn. Battery or any other issues causing your device to die outta nowhere are hardware issues and not a wifi connection forcing your bb to die or something funky lie that. Just take thy faulty unit and tell then that they sold you a lemon and you demand a refund or walk away from the device completely and/or carrier. I did and they gave me a new toy. Why so aggressive? Because if you go on a passive aggressive manner in life you'll get nowhere. Demand to get what you paid for. Nothing wrong with that. Good luck dude

I highly doubt it has something to do with the wifi, im also connected to wifi while at work. My wife has the same 9700 and has had no issue other than a problem with opening a new sms text.