Well it happened. The screen has a crack in it at the top left corner. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Cracked LCD

Advertisement

Well it happened. The screen has a crack in it at the top left corner. The color still shows but it bugs the hell out of me. I know this is covered under warranty and I will get it replaced. According to what I have read, if you don't send the defected phone back they charge you $250. Does this also mean that they blacklist the phone from using data?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    No. It's just a fee to restock the phone.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    So I can keep both phones. The reason for this is if they don't blacklist the phone I will order a replacement lcd ,unlock it and use that one on my tmobile account.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is a crack covered under warranty? I didn't think it was.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade View Post
    Is a crack covered under warranty? I didn't think it was.
    Hum???, I'm not sure, I thought it would be. The device has a full year for mangfacture defects. I have to read the fine print.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    A. The crack is not covered under manufacturer warranty.

B. (And I am not saying to defraud any company) if you fail to send the defective phone back after an exchange you will be subject to a restocking fee.

C. The carrier's have no way to "blacklist" your specific phone like the BES does. They do have the ability to block your account/sim/mobile number, but I seriously doubt they would do something that drastic for not sending the phone back. Generally actions like this are reserved for fraud on an account. (activating under a false SSN, etc.) That is why they have restocking fees, so if your a dolt and forget to send the phone back, or lose it they are covered.

D. It's all a matter of honesty, just my 2cents.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea, I think the crack is going to be labeled as abuse. I really don't think I'm defrauding a company as I would be paying $250 for the refurb phone plus an additional $100 to get a replacement screen.I could add a line and get one for around the same price but I don't need a 3rd phone and I'm still stuck with a Bold that has a cracked screen. This is the info I'm getting as well on the "blacklist". I didn't know it was just for BES though.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    If I understand you correctly,you wish that phone or one just like it without the crack,and a second phone of that same type to use on a different cell service.I would think you could send the cracked phone in and receive a refurbushed phone in return,and they'll charge you for the repairs so they can send it out to the next guy in need.As for the second phone.Couldn't you buy a returned phone if the type you wish is instock for half the retail price without needing to sign a new contract?It seems to me you get what you wish this way without much difference in cost and without any more hassles than you already was concidering.I bought my bb used and it was only one day old.Just my thought in hopes that it may be of some help to your situation.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by bill16 View Post
    If I understand you correctly,you wish that phone or one just like it without the crack,and a second phone of that same type to use on a different cell service.I would think you could send the cracked phone in and receive a refurbushed phone in return,and they'll charge you for the repairs so they can send it out to the next guy in need.As for the second phone.Couldn't you buy a returned phone if the type you wish is instock for half the retail price without needing to sign a new contract?It seems to me you get what you wish this way without much difference in cost and without any more hassles than you already was concidering.I bought my bb used and it was only one day old.Just my thought in hopes that it may be of some help to your situation.
    Very good thought, i'm going by AT&T to see if they have any and what they would cost. I'll have to call and see if they can replace it with a refurb and how much the charge is for the screen. I have a feeling this is going to be more costly this way.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I wish you the best and hope it works out for you.