I've ended up with a corrupt file downloaded on to my media card. Before I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Question corrupt file on media card?

Advertisement

I've ended up with a corrupt file downloaded on to my media card. Before I even realized the file was there, my phone started rebooting itself over & over again until I figured it out & took the media card out. Unfortunately when a file is sent to me, I know of no way of checking it out before its automatically downloaded.
    I need advice on if there's any way to remove the "write-protection" from my card so that I can delete this file using a pc. I can no longer access the card from my BB. The media card is currently in the adapter card, in the pc. I can see the bad file but I can't delete it. I also need to know how to reformat this card when I'm done transferring my files so I can use it again.
    I've never dealt with this before so any help is appreciated.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    You need to get rid of the write protection so it allows you to delete it.

right click the offending file and in properties uncheck where it is protected.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Some cards have a lock-unlock switch actually on the card itself. Make sure that is slid to the unlocked position also.

theblackberryfactory no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2109FE47
    pull the battery and they'll be gone
    checkout theBlackBerryfactory for device tips,tricks,news & rumors http://theblackberryfactory.com

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Thumbs down corrupt file on media card?

nope! doesnt work!
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackberryfactory View Post
    pull the battery and they'll be gone

theblackberryfactory no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2109FE47
    when your in the media app and viwing pics does the corrupted file say read only? if so hit detete and then do a pull and it SHOULD be gone after reboot. try one more time, ill stick around for the results
    checkout theBlackBerryfactory for device tips,tricks,news & rumors http://theblackberryfactory.com

Richardn281 no está en línea Stack level 1
    a lot of times when I do a full power reset I lose some pictures but all it takes is another full power reset or taking SD card in and out. Usually the pictures would say I took in in 1969 or something...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Two things....

1. How much free space do you have on your Media card?
    2. If you have plenty of free space, have you tried copying everything to your PC, formatting the card in your phone then copying back?

If your card isn't full, and you have tried step 2, then I'm going to guess you have a bad card.