A few days ago I was working on my sisters car and I think I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cmybimmer no está en línea Stack level 1

contacts

Advertisement

A few days ago I was working on my sisters car and I think I layed over my phone while I was down there. After I was done working on the car, I checked my phone and all my contacts were lost. I couldnt find them for the life of me. I do however have the most important numbers on my SIM. BUT when I tried to move my contacts from the SIM to the phonebook, it would do nothing. It looks as if a note tries to pop out, but it barely stays on for a few milliseconds. I couldnt see what it says. So I cant copy the contacts to the phonebook OR save any other numbers.

Anyone knows what mightve happened? Thx

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I bet they're still there. It's pretty hard to wipe all of your contacts and that's it.

Go to your address book, then go to options-filter. Check to see if you turned a filter on or off. I bet that's it.

Let me know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pigigi View Post
    I bet they're still there. It's pretty hard to wipe all of your contacts and that's it.

Go to your address book, then go to options-filter. Check to see if you turned a filter on or off. I bet that's it.

Let me know what happens.
    Nope, I tried that too. It only has the options of business and personal. Both of em are empty.

OH! And I just realized that the phone DOES have the numbers SOMEWHERE. Although I cannot find them and/or see them in my SIM phonebook, when I get texts/calls from ppl that are not in the SIM phonebook, it shows their name/caller I'd. So I'm thinking the phone has em stored somewhere else. Its pissing me off tho and need/want it back asap. Any help wud be greatly appreciated

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    When you say your contacts are missing, are you talking about the folder itself, or is the folder visible with nothing in it?

If the folder is missing, from your home screen, press the BB menu button and select Show All. Could be you inadvertently hid the folder.

No the folder is there, but the contacts are missing. When id click the folder, it just says *No Contacts*, yet when I get calls/texts it shows their names. Its really annoying

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Are business and personal both unchecked in the filter?

No, the business is checked as of now, but even when i switch to personal, its still empty... Im so confused right now...

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    ALT+RBLD within the Address book list will force a data structure rebuild. Try it out and let us know what happens.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by cmybimmer View Post
    No, the business is checked as of now, but even when i switch to personal, its still empty... Im so confused right now...
    Do you have general contacts option? If not do you have the option to not select either one. The check is what's filtering your numbers. If you don't have anybody in your phonebook set into one of those categories and you click it, it'll show "no contacts".

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    ALT+RBLD within the Address book list will force a data structure rebuild. Try it out and let us know what happens.
    Thx, but didnt work...
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Do you have general contacts option? If not do you have the option to not select either one. The check is what's filtering your numbers. If you don't have anybody in your phonebook set into one of those categories and you click it, it'll show "no contacts".
    WINNER! I guess my contacts were in neither of the profiles (business/personal). I "unchecked" business rather than just checking personal and all my contacts came back. I feel like an idiot cuz that was so easy. Well, thx for all your patience!!!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Lol glad I could help. Everybody deserves a brain fart once in a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    Lol glad I could help. Everybody deserves a brain fart once in a while lol.
    Yes, but I had a brain fart for a LOOONGGG time haha. Thx again.

BoldMDP no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6F01C
    Going out on a limb here but. I would install the BB Desktop Manager and seeing if you can backup your contacts. Under Advanced Backup you can select Contacts, and generally it will Say Contacts - xnumberofcontacts. If it says 0 well I suggest you start waving the white flag lol.