Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ok thanks; it seems like it's a pretty big file as it says it will ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

ok thanks; it seems like it's a pretty big file as it says it will take an hour to download.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Then you did something wrong. There should be an option for "Wipe OS"

Yes, all BlackBerry phones come with an OS installed, however, if you want to upgrade your OS you have to do what I described above.
    i don't see how, i just downloaded bbsak and opened it and those were the options i was presented with, you might have an older version which is why i'm wondering if "wipe device" is the way to do it now...also, i did upgrade my os once on my pearl years ago but i didn't have to remove my old one to do so. i just downloaded the new version and it replaced the old one automatically....

p.s....as for the apps i still could not find the .alx file on my pc so i ended up backing it up using bbsak. hopefully it will be fine.

p.p.s... also i was so used to seeing what you call OS referred to as "device software" that it gave me the impression that OS was a separate thing...it's what we in the business like to call a "brain fart". ;p
    Last edited by Optimus; 06-14-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: more info

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm sorry, it should say "Wipe Device" as indicated in the picture below from their website.

bbsak options.jpg

No, you don't have to wipe the OS, but sometimes it helps to "clear out the cobwebs" so to speak and start from scratch. You can just skip the wipe and just upgrade the OS if you so choose. Up to you.

ok done, it's been a couple of days and so far so good. I don't have the "waiting" problem as of right now...and somehow i have more memory on the device which i don't understand why cause i did a restore and pretty much put everything back...also since i couldn't save my apps using download manager i did it through bbsak and it seemed to work fine...now my only complaint is for a way to disable the "clicking" noise when taking pics but i guess that's a question for another thread...thanks rogerG for your help. if i should get the "waiting" problem again then I suppose i should just wipe and restore the software again.

Optimus sez:
    now my only complaint is for a way to disable the "clicking" noise when taking pics but i guess that's a question for another thread
    Sorry, can't be done . . . . Asylums are full of people that have tried to muffle the camera sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Optimus sez:Sorry, can't be done . . . . Asylums are full of people that have tried to muffle the camera sound.
    Don't know what Asylums are but it's odd that it can't be done considering it was possible with the blackberry pearl; that had several sounds to choose from...there must be an app somewhere that should let you do it...oh well, the search continues.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I believe it is an OS 6 issue. I was able to mute the camera shutter sound on my 9700 when I ran OS 5. However, that option does not exist in OS 6. I used to use QuickLaunch to mute. Camera shutter mute is not available for QuickLaunch with OS 6.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123