Any idea? This isn't the first time either. This time, I had only hooked up ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2

Connected to PC, 9700 disconnects and reboots?

Advertisement

Any idea? This isn't the first time either.

This time, I had only hooked up to off load my SDcard (mass storage), and about 15 minutes in it rebooted...then I hooked up again, and a little while later it rebooted again. I wasn't even using the DM to do anything...I was using the mass storage mode. I had this happen before, and it seems to have went away by unistalling and reinstalling DM?

Is there a glitch in one of the DMs? This is what happened when it completely wiped out my 9700 about a month ago (corrupted the OS)...I had removed/reinstalled DM on two of those machines, and the third one gave me issues tonight.

Oh, and its not the machine or the USB cable...I switched out 3 cables, and its now happened on three computers. The only commonality is the DM and the 9700. On edit, it also gives me a strange "not enough power in USB cable to charge handheld" until I reload DM.

Fivepart no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sounds like either a PC memory issue or a virus. I have a 9700 use DM and don't have any problems at all. it's too vague to pinpoint, but check your memory, I've heard of sudden rebooting being caused by faulty memory modules.

Memory modules on the PC or the BB??

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Use the file explorer built in or a third party file explorer, choose to show all hidden files and then delete all the .dat files in your sd card, remove the sd card, remove the battery and re insert the sd card and turn on the phone, as an extra steps once on go to options, memory menu and select repair. That will probably fix ur issues

I followed your directions, and it took a few minutes to "fix" the sd card. I can't remember if I ever formatted this card when I first got it?

We shall see if it fixes the issue. I noted it redid the .dat files after rebooting.