Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I love the Bold keyboard. When I type on the Curve now, it feels cheap. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

I love the Bold keyboard. When I type on the Curve now, it feels cheap.

It took me a few hours to get use to the Bold Keyboard and it is definitely the best BlackBerry to date.

Keyboard is amazing. I can type faster on this keyboard, than I could with the Curve.

I like this so much, I doubt I would ever consider the Javelin. Even if it is available on 3G.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Excuse my ignorance, but when the bold is released for AT&T, will I be able to just walk in and buy one without a contract? Just want to verify my understanding.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but when the bold is released for AT&T, will I be able to just walk in and buy one without a contract? Just want to verify my understanding.
    Your not being ignorant, it's a perfectly valid question. AT&T will have a retail price on the phone for purchase without any obligation. That's in their policies and procedures for any phone. However that said, in the beginning with a very strong demand they may not be willing to sell a phone outright without a service plan. Once the initial demand has subsided I would imagine they would sell you one. I know as a long time AT&T customer I have purchased smart phones from them without activation or a plan. Perhaps the best way for you to get a more specific answer is to call into their sales department, or go into a store and ask.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Your not being ignorant, it's a perfectly valid question. AT&T will have a retail price on the phone for purchase without any obligation. That's in their policies and procedures for any phone. However that said, in the beginning with a very strong demand they may not be willing to sell a phone outright without a service plan. Once the initial demand has subsided I would imagine they would sell you one. I know as a long time AT&T customer I have purchased smart phones from them without activation or a plan. Perhaps the best way for you to get a more specific answer is to call into their sales department, or go into a store and ask.

Cheers
    Ok cool, I'll try that. How about best buy? I was thinking I'd try them first.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Ok cool, I'll try that. How about best buy? I was thinking I'd try them first.
    Best Buy is going to have a Higer Retail Price then an at&t corporate store.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    Best Buy is going to have a Higer Retail Price then an at&t corporate store.
    Holy $#!t, best buy is going to sell them for $650? Thats out.

Whats ATT corp store going to have them going for?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I have purchased alot of new phones on introduction day and have always shopped at a corp store. They have never refused me a new phone if I was willing to pay the full price. My salesperson tells me that he makes less but the store more than makes up for the loss of a contract when the phone is sold at full price.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Holy $#!t, best buy is going to sell them for $650? Thats out.

Whats ATT corp store going to have them going for?
    $550

Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    $550
    Thx, thats a better price. More reasonable anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I have purchased alot of new phones on introduction day and have always shopped at a corp store. They have never refused me a new phone if I was willing to pay the full price. My salesperson tells me that he makes less but the store more than makes up for the loss of a contract when the phone is sold at full price.
    That makes sense.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    But lets say if you were to go to a retailer like best buy or idk which ones are in the US but we have Wireless Wave, Telephone Booth etc... here they deserve the right to keep them for Contracts only so that employees can make their commission. --> I know its ridiculous and outrageous to customers.

Ah ok, another question. So if I buy the bold from an ATT corp store, will I be able to call ATT to get the unlock code? My wife has an account with them for a regular wireless phone. Is the code device specific? Never had to unlock a phone. Anyone use ********* to get their unlock code?
    Last edited by ocanyc; 10-31-2008 at 04:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Ah ok, another question. So if I buy the bold from an ATT corp store, will I be able to call ATT to get the unlock code? My wife has an account with them for a regular wireless phone. Is the code device specific? Never had to unlock a phone.
    You need call AT&T first. Their rules were that you had to own the phone for a certin amount of time but now I think you can say that you are going to be traveling outside the country and will be using a pay as you go non-USA SIM card and I think they will unlock it for you.

Unlock codes are device specific. You can also Google "Blackberry UnLocking" and there are many 3rd parties that can give you the unlock code within 24 hours for a small fee. The seller of my Rogers Bold found one that got him the unlock codes in only 2 hours!

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I had an ATT corp store rep tell me this week that he made absolutely zilch, zero, nada if he sold a phone for full retail price.

Don't know how true that is, because I am not a salesperson, but it made me feel a little bad for the guy, especially when dealing with a customer such as myself who doesn't mind paying retail for something that they truely want.

IMO. It might be one of the easiest sales for them, because they don't have to do all of the contract paperwork.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Thompson View Post
    I had an ATT corp store rep tell me this week that he made absolutely zilch, zero, nada if he sold a phone for full retail price.

Don't know how true that is, because I am not a salesperson, but it made me feel a little bad for the guy, especially when dealing with a customer such as myself who doesn't mind paying retail for something that they truely want.

IMO. It might be one of the easiest sales for them, because they don't have to do all of the contract paperwork.
    You are likely right and they get nothing for just selling a phone for full retail but AT&T sure makes some money. Their full price is calculated to make sure they make money, up front, with no contract. The employee does share this buy having a job and the benifits that AT&T offers it's employees.

I will be buying two Bolds on Tuesday, one with a contract renewal and one at full price so my salesperson does have "some" incentive.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast