Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt I am using a Rogers Bold on the AT&T network. I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I am using a Rogers Bold on the AT&T network. I have a 8820 and Red/Black Curve also. (Go DAWGS!)
    So what are your thoughts on the bold, I'm using the curve. What are some significant changes that I will notice and enjoy?

So your Rogers bold works on the ATT 3G network?

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    So what are your thoughts on the bold, I'm using the curve. What are some significant changes that I will notice and enjoy?

So your Rogers bold works on the ATT 3G network?
    It is the BEST Blackberry I have owned. I paid some serious additinal dollars to have it early and have not regretted it one second! Excellent build quality! Best keyboard and screen. I have to handle 60-70 emails a day and use 2000+ minutes a month in air time, I depend on my Blackberry to handle my company when away from my desk.

You will find the keyboard slightly strange as moving to any new device buit in only a day or two you will love your new Bold. The most striking feature is the color screen when is far superior to any Blackberry to date. The colors are very well saturated and super sharp! The processor and new OS are slick.

Did I mention I liked the new Bold?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    It is the BEST Blackberry I have owned.
    You will find the keyboard slightly strange as moving to any new device buit in only a day or two you will love your new Bold. The most striking feature is the color screen when is far superior to any Blackberry to date. The colors are very well saturated and super sharp! The processor and new OS are slick. Did I mention I liked the new Bold?
    I finally had a chance to use one for two hours this morning. I agree, this is one terrific BlackBerry. I am using my entire reserve of patience (which is a massive amount) to adapt to the rather odd keyboard. At least it's a bit better than my 8820 by a small amount. I will just do less email on it until I get up to speed. Since I have two lines I can keep my Curve activated on one and the Bold on the other. I have no problem with the "feel" of the keystrokes, or tactile feedback differences. What does create a challenge for me is the curved ridges on the keys. I must look at the keyboard while typing which slows me down. But who knows, even if I can get within 75% of the speed I can type on a Curve I will be satisfied. So I give up a great typing experience and get a bit less work done, in exchange for a stellar web experience, a superior display and the comfortable overall size of the device. If only it had regular keys like my Moto-Q which has the same size keyboard, same key layout without any spaces between them, it would be pure bliss. I can type like wild fire on the Moto-Q. Oh well, maybe the second generation Bold will have normal keys. I do know that I'm not the only one that finds them odd, as I have read in Business Week, Forbes, and a couple of other mainstream news publicatoins, that they too find the keyboard strange. I do understand how existing BB users that have always had these odd keys are ok with them.

It is the BEST Blackberry I have owned. I paid some serious additinal dollars to have it early and have not regretted it one second! Excellent build quality! Best keyboard and screen. I have to handle 60-70 emails a day and use 2000+ minutes a month in air time, I depend on my Blackberry to handle my company when away from my desk.

You will find the keyboard slightly strange as moving to any new device buit in only a day or two you will love your new Bold. The most striking feature is the color screen when is far superior to any Blackberry to date. The colors are very well saturated and super sharp! The processor and new OS are slick.

Did I mention I liked the new Bold?
    Well those features alone are enough
    Believe me I tried the iphone and g1, I'm definitely a bb user. The Bold keyboard cannot be as awkward as the G1's keyboard. If there is one thing I like about the blackberrys are their build quality. I'm sure the Bold keyboard might be slightly different but still quality as compared to say the G1's keyboard.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I finally had a chance to use one for two hours this morning. I agree, this is one terrific BlackBerry. I am using my entire reserve of patience (which is a massive amount) to adapt to the rather odd keyboard. At least it's a bit better than my 8820 by a small amount. I will just do less email on it until I get up to speed. Since I have two lines I can keep my Curve activated on one and the Bold on the other. I have no problem with the "feel" of the keystrokes, or tactile feedback differences. What does create a challenge for me is the curved ridges on the keys. I must look at the keyboard while typing which slows me down. But who knows, even if I can get within 75% of the speed I can type on a Curve I will be satisfied. So I give up a great typing experience and get a bit less work done, in exchange for a stellar web experience, a superior display and the comfortable overall size of the device. If only it had regular keys like my Moto-Q which has the same size keyboard, same key layout without any spaces between them, it would be pure bliss. I can type like wild fire on the Moto-Q. Oh well, maybe the second generation Bold will have normal keys. I do know that I'm not the only one that finds them odd, as I have read in Business Week, Forbes, and a couple of other mainstream news publicatoins, that they too find the keyboard strange. I do understand how existing BB users that have always had these odd keys are ok with them.
    I promiss that in only a few days you will love they Bold keyboard. I do remember my first few days going from my 8820 and Curve to the Bold. But it only took a day or two and you WILL love the Bold keyboard. You thunmbs will be very happy and not even notice the slightly "shaped face" on the keys. In just a day or two you will not be looking at the keyboard but that outstanding screen!

Archer6 I KNOW you can adapt!

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Well those features alone are enough
    Believe me I tried the iphone and g1, I'm definitely a bb user. The Bold keyboard cannot be as awkward as the G1's keyboard. If there is one thing I like about the blackberrys are their build quality. I'm sure the Bold keyboard might be slightly different but still quality as compared to say the G1's keyboard.
    The short throw and sharp "click" of the keyboard keys is my favorite. Some of my Curves and even my 88xx series have had a mushy feeling and you can see the entire keyboard move when pushing one key. Not with the Bold.

It has the feel of precision. Even the leather like back is really nice. I have never been a fan of the Curve series as they always felt a little cheap to me compared to my 8820 but the Bold brings back the "solid feel" to me. All of this is just the "tactile" feedback in your hands, the electronic performance is as solid as it gets.

The only thing that can possibly ruin your Bold experience is if you do not have good coverage. Most of the complaints and poor battery problems are the result of people using the 3G Bold in an area with poor reception. In the couple of months I have used the Bold I have not had one single dropped call. That sounds good but can't remember having but a few in the last few year with AT&T in Jacksonville and I have to say it is a result of their coverage.

The short throw and sharp "click" of the keyboard keys is my favorite. Some of my Curves and even my 88xx series have had a mushy feeling and you can see the entire keyboard move when pushing one key. Not with the Bold.

It has the feel of precision. Even the leather like back is really nice. I have never been a fan of the Curve series as they always felt a little cheap to me compared to my 8820 but the Bold brings back the "solid feel" to me. All of this is just the "tactile" feedback in your hands, the electronic performance is as solid as it gets.

The only thing that can possibly ruin your Bold experience is if you do not have good coverage. Most of the complaints and poor battery problems are the result of people using the 3G Bold in an area with poor reception. In the couple of months I have used the Bold I have not had one single dropped call. That sounds good but can't remember having but a few in the last few year with AT&T in Jacksonville and I have to say it is a result of their coverage.
    I know what you mean with the curve feeling kind of cheap. I mean the keyboard always felt like the sturdiest part of the curve. I prefer the solid feel but the Bold is much bigger and heavier, no?

I wont be on 3g as I'm on Tmobile USA, so I'd have to get this unlocked to begin with.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    I know what you mean with the curve feeling kind of cheap. I mean the keyboard always felt like the sturdiest part of the curve. I prefer the solid feel but the Bold is much bigger and heavier, no?

I wont be on 3g as I'm on Tmobile USA, so I'd have to get this unlocked to begin with.
    The Bold is bigger than the Curve and a little more heavy. It is closer to my 8820 in size. I have large hands and use the OEM Belt/Clip Holster and the size does not really bother me. Some one coming from a Pearl will think they are holding a brick!

You will love your Bold on T-Mo, 3G would not be a deal breaker for me.

The Bold is bigger than the Curve and a little more heavy. It is closer to my 8820 in size. I have large hands and use the OEM Belt/Clip Holster and the size does not really bother me. Some one coming from a Pearl will think they are holding a brick!

You will love your Bold on T-Mo, 3G would not be a deal breaker for me.
    Youre doing a great job at convincing me to switch.

Now to only find a decent seller of an unlocked Bold.

Know any? PM me

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Youre doing a great job at convincing me to switch.

Now to only find a decent seller of an unlocked Bold.

Know any? PM me
    haha i might just sell you mine lol who knows if the price is right !

and yeah Archer, im sure you'll love it. It is indeed slightly awkward for the first couple days but then you become addicted to it!
    Good luck and finally CONGRATULATIONS!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I promise that in only a few days you will love they Bold keyboard.
    The Bold is bigger than the Curve and a little more heavy. Archer6 I KNOW you can adapt!
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    yeah Archer, im sure you'll love it. It is indeed slightly awkward for the first couple days but then you become addicted to it! Good luck and finally CONGRATULATIONS!
    With two stellar endorsements like this, I'm sure you two are quite accurate in your evaluations.
    The point made above about it being bigger and heavier than the Curve is a huge advantage for me. I have large hands and just know that it will be so much more comfortable for those long periods of usage, as well as offering more surface area to grip. Thanks to you two, for just the "push" I needed to re-focus on the big picture. This is one terrific BB that I certainly don't want to miss.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Finally! i was really starting you were falling off the Bold wagon but i KNEW youd end up getting it.
    Why ? Because i was like you ... the wait got me to stop waiting for it, but the second i held one i was SOLD.
    Just like ill hopefully be tomorrow when Canada gets the 8220 (please be tomorrow ... either that or next monday but hopefully tomorrow!)
    Archer if you read this could you PIN me please i have a question for you

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    I had my bold on TMO network untill i got my 8220, i had a problem with the data. I had the data plan on my plan and i waited 3 days to see if it comes, but it wasnt there i had only the hotspot browser and lower case edge
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Finally! i was really starting you were falling off the Bold wagon but i KNEW youd end up getting it.
    Why ? Because i was like you ... the wait got me to stop waiting for it, but the second i held one i was SOLD.
    Just like ill hopefully be tomorrow when Canada gets the 8220 (please be tomorrow ... either that or next monday but hopefully tomorrow!)
    Archer if you read this could you PIN me please i have a question for you

You have the Bold and you're excited about the 8220? :/

Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    I had my bold on TMO network untill i got my 8220, i had a problem with the data. I had the data plan on my plan and i waited 3 days to see if it comes, but it wasnt there i had only the hotspot browser and lower case edge
    Was that after trying this?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...ed-bold-81554/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast