Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Ge How can you tell a Corporate Store from a franchise store? ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    How can you tell a Corporate Store from a franchise store?
    In the USA:

Using AT&T as an example, all corporate stores are clearly labeled with AT&T Wireless signage. Once inside the store it's all AT&T, nothing 3rd party.

All non-corporate stores are those like Parrot Cellular, Wirefly Wireless, Wireless World, etc. While they are free to use some AT&T signage, one look at the building and they are easily distinguished from the corporate stores as they always have some other name in front of AT&T. Also in the USA they do not receive the latest or newest phones until at least 10 days after they are released by the corp. stores.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    In the USA:

Using AT&T as an example, all corporate stores are clearly labeled with AT&T Wireless signage. Once inside the store it's all AT&T, nothing 3rd party.

All non-corporate stores are those like Parrot Cellular, Wirefly Wireless, Wireless World, etc. While they are free to use some AT&T signage, one look at the building and they are easily distinguished from the corporate stores as they always have some other name in front of AT&T. Also in the USA they do not receive the latest or newest phones until at least 10 days after they are released by the corp. stores.
    Hmm see in Canada they get the devices at the same time, some non-corp stores get devices earlier than the corporate stores.

Austinchap no está en línea Stack level 1
    so what does the .185 update change?

x doubl3 a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FA6EC
    cant stress how important it is to purchase phones from corporate stores. VERY TRUE. i happen to work for corporate at&t, good info.

AND I DO LOVE MY BOLD..

Whats the big difference between the OS upgrade?
    Rockin' a 9530 on VZW(OS 4.7.0.141), 8330 on VZW.
    [BEST OF BOTH WORLDS]

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by x doubl3 a View Post
    cant stress how important it is to purchase phones from corporate stores. VERY TRUE. i happen to work for corporate at&t, good info.

AND I DO LOVE MY BOLD..

Whats the big difference between the OS upgrade?
    I would say stability and free memory.

zsafwan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BA476
    Need help

after installing .190 I lost:

1. Arabic language support
    2. lost access to GPS. in Maps GPS Source: None

that's what I found out so far.

How can I add the support for Arabic language again?
    How can I bring the GPS settings back?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    255BA476
    options/GPS
    GPS Data Source = None and can't change it

any suggestions ?

PIN/ID
    255BA476
    here is what I get from About
    v4.6.0.190 (Platform 4.0.0.172)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.50a
    Branding Version: 1.0.212.118

PIN/ID
    255BA476
    downgraded to .185 and now everything seems working fine, got the Arabic support and GPS back

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    This is why I stress to users. Take some time to think before jumping in to upgrade.
    Ask yourself:
    - Is my BlackBerry operating normally?
    - Why fix something that isn't broken?
    - What's in this upgrade?
    - Do I really need or want it?
    - Do I want to spend all the time it takes to fix any problems this upgrade may create?

Here is a great example: I have two identical Curve 8310's. One has never been upgraded since it was new. It just works, & works so well I use it as my Main BlackBerry that I use & rely on for all my business & personal needs. The other identical 8310is my "test device" that I do use for OS upgrades, trying out 3rd party software etc. Its the one that is running the latest version of 4.5 very successfully.
    So here I am in a position to compare these two. Both working properly, one with the original 4.2.xxx OS & one with the latest 4.5.xxx OS. Which one is better? Neither! Because they both work perfectly. They are simply different. The extra features that 4.5 offers are of no value to me. Especially when there are "extra features" I will never use. Is it faster? Yes but only by a small amount. That which in the overall scheme of things will make no difference. The original does absolutely everything I need & is super stable & reliable.
    Therefore I'm not saying don't upgrade, I merely offering my thoughts. Do what works for you instead of just blindly following others.
    Cheers...
    ~via BB 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I have to agree with Archer6 as I did every single upgrade that cam out when I got my Rogers Bold to use on AT&T. Most showed no improvement in battery or coverage. Was not having troubles before any of the upgrades.

I think most upgrade because of the wild and unfounded improvements made by some of the users here. Some upgrade and make wild claims about new improved performance! Bunk!

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and stop updating everytime one comes out. I have seen more problems created by excessive updating than just leaving it alone!

Just enjoy your device and unless there is a real problem, leave it alone till something comes out worth installing!
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 11-14-2008 at 08:35 AM.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I definitely second Archer and Greg's thoughts about this. Only upgrade if you KNOW what you are doing first of all and only if you really feel like it is worth upgrading. While some of us are upgrade junkies (i know i am) I really dont think its that worth it honestly.
    The only definite upgrade that HAS to be done is taking a Rogers Bold from the stock .126 to any higher OS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12