Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a Rogers Bold, running on the AT&T network. Tomorrow I will be purchasing ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Comparison: AT&T vs Rogers Bold

Advertisement

I have a Rogers Bold, running on the AT&T network. Tomorrow I will be purchasing an AT&T Bold. Based on what I've heard from my sources, a little common sense and past experience, I expect the AT&T Bold to provide a superior experience. I started this thread to invite others who also have the Rogers Bold and will be getting an AT&T Bold to check in here and share your experience and opinions on these two versions of the Bold.

Cheers!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Why would the AT&T Bold be better?

From what I can see, the Rogers one has red numbers (okay it is cosmetic)
    But it also has the option to choose 2G vs 3G, the AT&T does not.

All things being equal, isn't the difference in the firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Why would the AT&T Bold be better?
    My post said "I expect the AT&T Bold to provide a superior experience." I did not say that the AT&T Bold is better than the Rogers Bold. Nor did I talk about the cosmetic appearance, or differences of the two phones. So, that clarified, why would it provide a better experience? Simple, RIM worked closely with AT&T (as it did with Rogers) to optimize the Bold for the AT&T network. Therefore the software and firmware being designed specifically for AT&T will insure that it functions at the highest and best level of performance.

The reason I started this thread was to invite owners of both devices to talk about their real world experience. As often times the differences between reading about the various aspects of each unit will be quite different than the actual user experience. It's like buying a new car. There is quite a difference between reading the road tests, looking at the spec sheets and actually driving the car. So it goes with so many products. Thus I believe that we will see some very interesting comparisons here. As well as reading the various users opinions. Something that speaking for myself, I always enjoy and learn from.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    My ATT Bold is great. No issues, everything running smoothly. Good luck tomorrow archer

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    I'm very interested...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DoubleDizzle no está en línea Stack level 2
    i guess the OP has a point, but the same could be said if someone had an AT&T device on the Rogers network - it's clearly designed for each networks capabilities.

if the option to turn 3G off and switch to 2G isn't available on the AT&T models, that sucks. i generally have my Bold set to 2G, as i've been finding that 3G kills the battery. i'll only switch to 3G before i open the browser.

for those of you on the AT&T Bold already, which themes came/come pre-loaded on the device? i was really disappointed that there were only two options on the Rogers model, and they're essentially the same, except one has colours in the icons, the other doesn't.

where is the Today theme? or the Zen theme? i'd prefer to have some options for my device...

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDizzle View Post

for those of you on the AT&T Bold already, which themes came/come pre-loaded on the device? i was really disappointed that there were only two options on the Rogers model, and they're essentially the same, except one has colours in the icons, the other doesn't.
    Same on AT&T - 2 themes: precision silver and precision AT&T....look the same to me except the AT&T icons are a little more colorful and the background images are different (but I change that anyway). Also there are some different folders on the AT&T them (e.g. AT&T Mall, Music, etc) I am using precision silver as I have historically hated AT&T themes.

Quote Originally Posted by EricScott View Post
    Same on AT&T - 2 themes: precision silver and precision AT&T....look the same to me except the AT&T icons are a little more colorful and the background images are different (but I change that anyway). Also there are some different folders on the AT&T them (e.g. AT&T Mall, Music, etc) I am using precision silver as I have historically hated AT&T themes.
    you & me both.
    any idea if the European Bolds got different themes on their release?
    where's my Vodafone theme? i feel so lost without it. first time in two years i haven't had a Vodafone theme on my BlackBerry...

AT&T themes & software is to be expected. All carriers do this, its no big deal. I never use them. Just delete it and move forward, easy.

my point was simply the lack of options - don't believe there's the .alx file to modify to open up the other themes, as it's apparent that only two themes were created for the Bold.

• Precision (insert carrier here)
    • Precision silver

my point was simply the lack of options - don't believe there's the .alx file to modify to open up the other themes, as it's apparent that only two themes were created for the Bold.
    Oh, I understand and I agree, I was not being critical of your post, just mentioning what I do, as they are all self serving themes for each carrier....

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

• Precision (insert carrier here)
    • Precision silver
    I think that there is an .alx file... there is a thread already posted here showing them unlocked.... I'll try to find it for you.

It is really just a change of backgrounds from the differing carriers however... no real style changes - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes View Post
    I think that there is an .alx file... there is a thread already posted here showing them unlocked.... I'll try to find it for you.

It is really just a change of backgrounds from the differing carriers however... no real style changes - - -
    the at&t comes with two themes. The AT&T one and then the same that was on my Rogers. There simply are not alot of themes out there yet. BUT, with the release of the AT&T Bold, I hope to see some but I will stick to the one I am used too.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ is there any way to make the icons smaller? Between them and the top notification bar, there's hardly any room for a wallpaper image.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Nope... Well... Maybe with a custom theme... I think the icons are too big too... But, I'm not too big on wallpaper images...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast