Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Emmett, glad to know you are going to be doing ota update- please let us ... BlackBerry Bold forum

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Emmett, glad to know you are going to be doing ota update- please let us know how that goes, ive never tried that process before. usually have beta os on my phone
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3
    No problem! From what I understand you can run the update and schedule it to run (maybe in the middle of the night). Can take 1-2 hours. Does everything as it does pretty much on Desktop in terms of backing up data etc. Just be aware it does erase all third party programs so you will have to re-download these. It will keep all your profile data and settings so you don't have to redo your ring tones and such.
    Good luck!

Emmett no está en línea Stack level 1
    "OTA" update complete. No glitches, and actually retained my third party apps. (I only had three) So far the Voice Notes Recorder app seems to be working fine. All other data kept intact. Always breathe a sigh of relief when these things don't screw up!

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    thanks for letting us know Emmett, im having my girlfriend update her os on her tmo phone- for some reason she still has .330
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Emmett no está en línea Stack level 1
    P.S. If anyone else checks this thread, as I mentioned I had no problems with the "OTA" software update on my 9700. As they said, it could take a few hours. (mine was an hour or so) However I would not recommend that anyone schedule it for the middle of the night, or generally not pay some attention to the process, as there were two instances when that update asked me a question and I had to choose an answer in order to proceed. Voice Notes Recorder still working great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12