Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by mjwood0 RIM should design it so a user could just change it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    RIM should design it so a user could just change it by popping off a ring!
    Brilliant Idea... one to send to RIM...
    Why are we going away from maintainability in our society and choosing disposible goods?
    I find this very interesting, considering all the noise about recycling, keeping toxins out of the landfill etc. A bit odd if you ask me. Why dispose of a perfectly good BB, that is serving you well, you enjoy it, and all it needs is a bit of trackball maintenance?
    Ah well. I do love just about everything else about my Bold!
    Me Too!

Moonbaseone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2039FE28
    I've had the Bold since march and LOVE it but recently the trackball doesnot scroll down. Otherwise the phone is in perfect condition as I use the Otter Case to preotect it.

I just called ATT and they will be sending me a replacement under warranty. I have the insurance and have a question for anyone who may know, If, after getting the new Bold under warranty and the trackball goes bad again, If I were to replace it myself, would that affect the insurance that I have ith ATT? As in, will it someone cause in issues in claiming the insurance for the phone in the future if I were to tamper with it and try to fix it myself but end up needing a replacement? I notice that ATT seems to go by a sticker on one of the screws to determine if you tried to open the phone or not.

Thanks
    BlackBerry PIN is 203BF39A

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Hello all, I've recently got a Bold its not brand-new but
    its like new. The trackball gives me some issues but I usually
    roll it around with a small drop of Purell and it does the trick.
    I do plan on modding my Bolds full housing, I think it just deals with patience.
    I had an 8900 prior to my Bold and I took that apart (piece of cake) and I was a tad upset that there was no latch protecting
    the trackball on 8900 like Bold which makes the 8900 seem a little cheaply made to me.
    I think since I've had the Bold its been the best quality feeling bb that I've had since my 8320 (first bb ever).
    But seriously I took my 8900 apart and I said to myself "wow the trackball is just sitting there no latch or anything?" just some insight from me since
    I've taken an 8900 apart the trackball on my 8900 and I plan do do it again with my Bold.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    Hello all, I've recently got a Bold its not brand-new but
    its like new. The trackball gives me some issues but I usually
    roll it around with a small drop of Purell and it does the trick.
    I do plan on modding my Bolds full housing, I think it just deals with patience.
    I had an 8900 prior to my Bold and I took that apart (piece of cake) and I was a tad upset that there was no latch protecting
    the trackball on 8900 like Bold which makes the 8900 seem a little cheaply made to me.
    I think since I've had the Bold its been the best quality feeling bb that I've had since my 8320 (first bb ever).
    But seriously I took my 8900 apart and I said to myself "wow the trackball is just sitting there no latch or anything?" just some insight from me since
    I've taken an 8900 apart the trackball on my 8900 and I plan do do it again with my Bold.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

I recently took mine apart as well and it was a breeze. It only took me about 2 minutes to take the thing apart lol. I'm gonna change my keypad and possibly get a retro white trackball
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    this looks like fun! Might try it sometime.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123