So I want to get an 8GB memory card to put music and videos on. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Class 4 or 6 MicroSD on the Bold??

Advertisement

So I want to get an 8GB memory card to put music and videos on. Was wondering if there was any reason to spend extra $ on Class 4 or Class 6 microSD or is the Class 2 sufficient. My understanding is that older blackberries didn't operate fast enough to even take advantage of anything faster than Class 2. Is this still the case w/ the Bold or will I notice a speed difference? I know that I will notice a difference when connecting the memory card to my PC and loading it up but I am more concerned w/ the Bold reading/writing to the card.

SanDisk's standard cards are all Class 2 I believe. I have liked their stuff in the past. I am also considering these two which are priced pretty reasonably (but all else being equal I would go w/ SanDisk):

Kingston (Class 4; comes w/ USB adapter):
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134795

A-Data (Class 6):
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211342

Thanks,
    Eric

chadderbox no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can say that I did notice the difference between a class 2 and a class 6 in my Bold. I'm not really sure how much you'll notice between a 4 and 6 though. Currently I have a sandisk 16GB class 2 and it is darn slow compared to my older 8GB class 6.

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chadderbox View Post
    I can say that I did notice the difference between a class 2 and a class 6 in my Bold. I'm not really sure how much you'll notice between a 4 and 6 though. Currently I have a sandisk 16GB class 2 and it is darn slow compared to my older 8GB class 6.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your 16GB card and for how much?

Thanks.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    ~I now have an 8G class 4 in my Bold and Music, Videos
    ( Recorded and Movies) works very well with no skip pause type of thing that was going on with my 8310 and the Same card.
    via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's helpful. Thanks. Think I am going to go w/ the Kingston Class 4....seems like a good deal plus it includes a USB adapter and is a brand I've heard of before.