So since the battery life on this device is quite good, what's the advised charging ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

charging advice

Advertisement

So since the battery life on this device is quite good, what's the advised charging advice for best battery longevity? I used to charge my bold nightly out of necessity, but this thing is like the energizer bunny. Should I charge nightly, or only when it gets low (like 20% or so)?

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    You should only charge your phone when the low battery alert comes on. If you do it too much when its not almost drained, the lithium ions get a memory to when it receives power. And it shortens battery life.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    You should not worry about it as NOTHING you do will greatly change your battery life except running the device to dead.

Just get a charging pod and drop you phone in it every night before you go to bed and don't worry about it. L-Ions have so little memory it is not worth the worry.

The main thing is to enjoy your phone and stop worrying. You will have 50 people here tell you different things. LOL
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    You should only charge your phone when the low battery alert comes on. If you do it too much when its not almost drained, the lithium ions get a memory to when it receives power. And it shortens battery life.
    actually that's inaccurate. the "memory" cells are that of nickel based batteries such as nimh (nickel metal hydride) which are popular in many wireless home phones and camcorders. it can develop a short life span by recharging before drained because of it. the fix to it is to keep fully draining/recharging until battery life is restored. lithium ion batteries though have no memory so you can charge it when it reaches 1% or when it's at 99%. you should avoid running it to dead though since that can shorten your batteries life since it isn't made for the strain of total drain/recharge on a regular basis.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Look it's this way... I charge every night and automatically plug in USB into PC when I'm at work ! Whether with the 9000 or the 8900 and the S1 - never noticed any difference ín battery capacity. I used to have that problem, long ago, with the Nokia's. Now I don't think about it. But true: the 9700 goes on forever. Must be the OS 5.0...