I just noticed something different with the Bold charger, although all previous model's chargers are ... BlackBerry Bold forum

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2

Charger specific for Bold?

Advertisement

I just noticed something different with the Bold charger, although all previous model's chargers are 5.0V,they were all rated at 500mA output

The Bold however is 750mA.

At first, I didn't bother unwrapping the bold charger to charge my bold, using the old one I had...but since I"ve noticed it, I've switched to see if it charges faster...

Anyone have any experience on this?

hotice_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok I am confirming that my bold is charging MUCH faster with its own charger (rated at 750mA) instead of my previous charger that I had for the 8800 (rated at 500mA)

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    but try not to reverse it, take the bold charger and charge other blackberries, prob could damage the phone/battery

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    There are two chargers that RIM sells. One is called the Travel Charger that actually comes with multiple attachments. This is the charger that is rated at 500 mA

The charger that ships with the Bold is rated at 750 mA, but this is not a new charger, RIM has been selling these as portable chargers as well. Portable in the sense that they are smaller and the prongs actually fold away.

I can confirm that both these chargers will work on any BlackBerry. The extra 250 mA will obviously increase the speed at which the battery charges, but hardly enough to damage any of the older units.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    My Curve charger is rated at 5v with 0.7A.