I create new pst files twice a year. Until now it was no issue to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

askwho no está en línea Stack level 1

Changing Outlook Archive File (.pst) does not work

Advertisement

I create new pst files twice a year. Until now it was no issue to switch from one to the next. With the newest one I am having some touble. Even when it is selected the handheld is not witching and still stuck with the old one. Does anyone have an idea how to pursuade the handheld to accept the new one?

Cheers Andy

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hi Andy,

Welcome to posting here on PinStack!

Kind of sounds like the association of the e-mail address and the .pst file is messed up. Might want to try deleting and re-creating the data file to make sure you've got the association right.

I assume you're trying to sync your device with Outlook and it's not working? Have you checked to make sure the Default Services on the device is what you're trying to sync with in Outlook? Sounds like you did, but just making sure.

Roger

Hi Roger

syncing works fine. The only issue ithat even when I switch to the new pst file in the DM the handheld still uses the one defined before. :-(

Sorry, Andy. I guess I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish here.

Sorry Roger,

one more time. Maybe my English is not good enough.
    Until yesterday I was moving my old emails on my blackberry to a pst file called "1st half 2010". Now I created a new pst file "2nd half 2010" and I want to use this one instead of "1st half 2010". The pst file I'm using is defined in the DM and here i switched to "2nd half 2010". But the handheld does not accept this change.

Hope this help Andy

No, your English is just fine, Andy. Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I will have to take a look at Desktop Manager and see if I can figure something out.

Silly question, maybe, but you're sure your definition in DM matches that of the .pst file in Outlook?

Hi Roger,

I double checked several times that the correct file is highlighted in the DM.