Hi I Would Like To Change The Power Up Screen How Can I Do That... BlackBerry Bold forum

Rob113 no está en línea Stack level 2

Change Power Up Logo

Advertisement

Hi I Would Like To Change The Power Up Screen How Can I Do That

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    If you're speaking about the BRAND/Carrier Logo then unfortunately you cannot change this. It's hardcoded into the phone. sorry

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    If you're speaking about the BRAND/Carrier Logo then unfortunately you cannot change this. It's hardcoded into the phone. sorry
    Yup, Yup..only way ya can get it to change is if you buy one direct from RIM and even then it's NOT user changeable...you just get the RIM logo instead of the carrier.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i never turn off my blackberry lol and when i do its a battery pull so i pull it put it back and throw it back in my jacket lol :P so i never see it

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    You know, based on it being carrier dependent - it obviously CAN be changed, since it is changed for the individual carriers. I think the question would be, "is the logo a hardware or software feature?". If it is part of the boot prom, then there are possibilities!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by wyy183 View Post
    You know, based on it being carrier dependent - it obviously CAN be changed, since it is changed for the individual carriers. I think the question would be, "is the logo a hardware or software feature?". If it is part of the boot prom, then there are possibilities!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    great point. ill ask my friend whos a blackberry dev if he has an idea.

yes i would like to know because i want to change that

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Boot ROM is factory set and is not user replaceable. It isn't like the carriers get the devices from RIM and then change it themselves either. RIM manufactures the devices for their customers (the carriers), and installs the carrier logo specific firmware for each carrier during production.

If you like hacking hardware at the low level, you presumably could burn a new ROM into the relevant chip using a ROM programmer. Presumably you would also be aware of the risks, and be familiar with circuit design.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    Boot ROM is factory set and is not user replaceable. It isn't like the carriers get the devices from RIM and then change it themselves either. RIM manufactures the devices for their customers (the carriers), and installs the carrier logo specific firmware for each carrier during production.

If you like hacking hardware at the low level, you presumably could burn a new ROM into the relevant chip using a ROM programmer. Presumably you would also be aware of the risks, and be familiar with circuit design.
    Great post!
    alright then no changing boot logo for us! but like i said its not like it matters, the rogers logo shows up for ONE sec lol

I kno but i dont have a rogers i have blackberry sample it says this phone is a demo it isnt to be sold or lease to anyone i have the phone long before it came out

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob113 View Post
    I kno but i dont have a rogers i have blackberry sample it says this phone is a demo it isnt to be sold or lease to anyone i have the phone long before it came out
    Oh you got a demo unit ... if anything your PIN is blocked and you cant upgrade to the latest OS and Demo units afaik arent really modifiable.

no the pin is block lol