Ok, I'll start out by saying that I come from a 9k. I have always ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Case and Holster combo

Advertisement

Ok, I'll start out by saying that I come from a 9k. I have always liked the stock leather holster that come with the BB, it may not be for everybody and that's understandable. I alway wanted a case for my 9k but being the device that it is a lot of them made it just that much bigger on a device that was alreay large enough. Now, present day. I have the 9700, I wanted a case that would protect my new friend, so I searched around and landed a innocase surface, this thing is great, has great feel, doesn't get in the way and adds very,very little overall sides. I highly recomend it as it has a nice look(doesn't look cheap as some of the other) and a great design and feel. Now that I had the case I still wanted something to hold it on my side with but don't care for the whole click in holsters as I've had my 9k "jump" out before. So I had a stock 9k case laying around and stuck it in there, wow, great fit. Perfect actually. So if you come from a 9k, try it out with whatever case you decide on, and if you didn't, then try a 9k stock holster out if you have a case and looking for a holster also. Thought I'd share.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you get the Innocase 360 or the regular Innocase? I have a 360 (holster combo) on the way. Went with that one because it has the integrated screen protector and the keyboard cover is removable.

My 9700 came with a really nice leather case, which I think will hold the device with the Innocase.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The regular innocase, not the 360, although I think they're the same thickness so nothing to worry about. The stock BB 9700 case is great, it fits in it ok, a little snug for me but I feel it would work itself in. The 9k stock case works great, gives great protection due to the fact that the innocase has a large portion of the top where the lock and mute buttons are uncovered. The 9ks large strap covers this area nicely. Let me know what you think of the 360 because I've been tempted to buy this one also just to see.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    The regular innocase, not the 360, although I think they're the same thickness so nothing to worry about. The stock BB 9700 case is great, it fits in it ok, a little snug for me but I feel it would work itself in. The 9k stock case works great, gives great protection due to the fact that the innocase has a large portion of the top where the lock and mute buttons are uncovered. The 9ks large strap covers this area nicely. Let me know what you think of the 360 because I've been tempted to buy this one also just to see. The thing I like is that the stock 9k holster allows me to use my innocase and have a holster that incorporates the sleep feature.

Thanks BHP.....I'll let you know how I like the 360. I bought a horizontal leather case back when I thought I was going to get the original Bold, which will fit this nicely, but I did also get the snap holster with the 360, so will probably use that most.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Cool, yea for sure let me know. The thing I like about the surface and what I'm curious on the 360 is the side of the case next to the keyboard. This is what sold me on this one. It doesn't affect me at all. All the others are raised just enough that when I try to type the otter letter or hit the enter button I have to work around the case. I can't even feel it with this one.

Edit- lol, I forgot that the 360 has the whole device covered. Wow, see what happens when you stack early in the morning.

Got the 360 this morning and I love it. I didn't think I'd like the keyboard cover, but I really do. It's removable, but then it can't be reattached, so I'm gonna hang with it for a few days and see how I like it. It's really well done, though.

Seidio has outdone themselves on this one! They finally listened to our pleas and added an integrated screen cover on this case, so no more messing with the film screen protectors.

It's only been a 1/2 hour or so, but so far I'm very pleased with the looks and feel of this case.

I have also ordered a Seidio desktop cradle for my 9700. They said they're starting to ship those this week.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Very cool, I want he desktop cradle also but I don't like the look of it from this pics I've seen. Maybe It looks better in person.

Yeah, I don't like the looks of it compared to the other cradles I've seen, but unfortunately it's probably the only one that's compatible with the Innocases. I'll letcha know when it gets here.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Fooor surre

PIN/ID
    Apple
    It has a full bottom cover-its a 2 piece design. The speaker is on top unless you're talking about the bottom being the back. If that's the case I notice very little difference if any at all in loudness when in the case. Your going to have to use seidios pod for it also, the standard BB one doesn't allot enough room for the any case.