Greetings fellow stackers, as many may have read the bold looks like it will be ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't wait for the BOLD?

Advertisement

Greetings fellow stackers, as many may have read the bold looks like it will be delayed until September. I thought I would offer up some suggestions to those that are jonesing for their BOLD fix, some that will hopefully "rekindle" your passion for your BB!

1. Check out the Bold inspired theme.

2. Try your artistic hand at painting your BB. (see here and here for some GREAT tutorials) You could always send it into ColorWare if you can stand a couple weeks without your berry. (hard I know but they do excellent work.)

3. Get a new housing. cnn.cn is a source many stackers have used. (also a good option if your adventurous enough to try the above.)

4. Upgrade your OS to 4.5. Search the forums and see if available for your device.

5. Haven't been using Blackberry Messenger? Shame on you! Post up here and start chatting, BBM is one of the coolest apps for the Blackberry!!

and now for a couple of humorous suggestions:

1. Try using that old RAZR or whatever phone you had before your blackberry. Always had a berry?, pop your SIM card in old blue and spend a couple of days using it, you'll appreciate your newer berry that much more! I used my old 7290 for a couple of days and when I switched back to my pearl it was like a brand new phone!

2. Take your berry for a nice picnic and get to know it better. What exactly is it doing during the "auto off"? Its kind of like the fridge light, does it really go out when you close the door?

3. If your really extreme and have loads of cash laying around you can take a page from Cartman's play book and freeze yourself until the launch of the Bold ( I guess this one would be hard cause we don't have a release date, I would shoot for October, just to be safe

Have a suggestion? Post up here and before you know it, the Bold will be released and all this talk of release dates and prices will be over!!!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    If you don't want to spend 2 cents a day to subscribe to EZ Reregister, start gathering all of your 3rd party app info together so you can get new registration codes when you get your new device.

As much as I like the BOLD, I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait for Javelin!

silv333 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just downloaded the BoldBerry directly to my Bberry, and saved it. When I went into themes, it wasn't there? Where the heck would it be?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    If you don't want to spend 2 cents a day to subscribe to EZ Reregister, start gathering all of your 3rd party app info together so you can get new registration codes when you get your new device.

As much as I like the BOLD, I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait for Javelin!

I'm so there with ya on that one. I on the other hand, will wait for as long as it takes for THE THUNDAH!!!! to come and shower me with joy If you were to tell me what would you like to get 2 years ago between the 8800 and the curve i would say the curve which is why i'm gonna wait for the Thunder. Not into the whole Bold scene. Also, waiting for the so called upgrade 4.5. At this point they should already release 5.0 such a long wait but i don't care so far I got the wlmessenger so that's a start which can hold me another 6 months. Spring release for the 4.5 you say? lol, you're funny RIM funny guys...hehehehe

Noah0504 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADF0A2
    Ooo. I really want to have my BlackBerry painted now! There sure are some sexy color mixes you could use.

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by silv333 View Post
    I just downloaded the BoldBerry directly to my Bberry, and saved it. When I went into themes, it wasn't there? Where the heck would it be?
    First off make sure that you have the correct device model selected. (i.e 8100, 8130 etc..) If you are sure you have downloaded the correct file and its still not appearing try a battery pull.