i am trying to update my os but when i run dm or loader i ... BlackBerry Bold forum

irv6744 no está en línea Stack level 1

can't update os

Advertisement

i am trying to update my os but when i run dm or loader i get a screen that says it wants to update a bunch of software but not the os. when i try to do the software update i get a message that says my os software is newer than the proposed updates so i don't do it. i have added different os's to my computer deleting the vendor.xml file but i can't seem to do the upgrade. any help would be appreciated. thanks

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Firstly...what OS is on your rig....secondly what OS are you trying to load.....
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Ps....take a look at the platform numbers..........for example OS number ie 4.6.0.307 platform XXX.219 is on your phone, and AT&T puts out 4.6.0.308 platform XXX.218...............even though you might desperately want to load the higher OS number, the platform number may be lower or older.........thus no go. (this has happened in the recent past although I cant recall the carrier that put out the updated os with the older platform)

i am trying to go from 4.6.266 to a 5.0 os.
    i am using dm 5.0+

i was able to update the os on another bold 9000 i have, but the prior owner had removed the att stuff and it just reads a rim display on booting.
    no problem with the update on this one so i am disappointed i can't get the other one up to 5.0 or even a higher 4.6 version.

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I would recommend first uninstalling all other OS' from your computer, and install the 5.0 version you want on this berry. Next, download and install the most recent version of BBSAK (just google it youll find it). Plug your 9000 in via usb and open up BBSAK. Once your bold is recognized, back up your third party apps if you wish. Wipe it using BBSAK. It will ask you if you are sure you want to do the low level wipe, just confirm it. It will tell you when it is wiped successfully. Then click on load OS. Done. That simple. Once it has loaded you may reload your third party app cods from the bbsak back up folders. This should take all of 5 minutes.....really.... good luck. Post back if there are troubles or send me a pm and I will get back to you. Cheers

thanks for the help.

i am downloading bbsak and will use it.

question: how do i uninstall the bb os on my computer.
    i don't see an uninstall program so do i delete the directories in program files under common files and blackberryand then run a registry cleaner.

thanks again.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    start, control panel, then uninstall a program or something simliar... hope that helps

htere was one i missed first time around.

thanks
    i'll try it now.

followed the instructions about bbsak and it worked like a charm.
    got a little nervous until it turned the phone back on to load the os but all is well.

thanks a lot.

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Your very welcome! I use BBSAK almost exclusively now....simple, clean, and fast. The great thing about bbsak is that no matter how much you screw up, you can reload your backed up apps in a flash! ( or in my case, after Ive reloaded a new beta I can set up my apps quickly again!)

Cheers!