If the release date is REALLY tomorrow, whay isn't there more on-line press (official) about ... BlackBerry Bold forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question Can't Understand This Release Date Thing...

Advertisement

If the release date is REALLY tomorrow, whay isn't there more on-line press (official) about it? I realize that stackers and other die-hard addicts know through released docs from AT&T but why wouldn't ATT put a big "COMING 11/4" site up or something? Am I missing something? I would assume that, unless you were in the loop, you really wouldn't know about it's launch. I know I wouldn't. I've seen 0 commercials, 0 print ads and only know about 11/4 through PS, BGR, and other sites...

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    There was no big fan fare in Canada over the Bold Release either. Just on Rogers' web site.

This is not an iPhone. People that buy this device want it for its abilities, not its cool factor.

Advertising creates hype, and that is why it is cool, because everyone is talking about it. Forget about practical.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    The is not alot of interest in the Bold like the iPhone and AT&T has choosen not to even put alot of money in advertising for it. It amazes me why peiople would thing there would be long lines.

You got to remember, AT&T is still trying to sell the iPhone and from choices they made, it looks like they make alot more money from it than the Bold.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    There was no big fan fare in Canada over the Bold Release either. Just on Rogers' web site.

This is not an iPhone. People that buy this device want it for its abilities, not its cool factor.

Advertising creates hype, and that is why it is cool, because everyone is talking about it. Forget about practical.
    But why not? Why not make a hype over arguably one of the best BB's ever? Why not make it cool? I'm sorry, but if RIM could do better in one area it would be advertising. You barely see anything out to promote their product. I have seen one commercial on TV, it's not by AT&T or any provider just BlackBerry...There is barely any info on the device, what it can do, or even what it's even really for. The BB is mainstream now, they should act like it. They could clean up if they wanted to.
    Last edited by DCookSta; 11-03-2008 at 12:50 PM.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    The hype was bigger with the G1.