Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi there, This is my first post so if it's in the wrong place/covered before ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Can't stream video on Bold

Advertisement

Hi there,

This is my first post so if it's in the wrong place/covered before (I did search), my apologies.

I've recently got my BB Bold on Orange UK and I'm currently getting used to it. One thing I was looking forward to particularly was streaming media from youtube and the likes. Anyway I've been to the mobile youtube site and I'm still struggling.

I used the blackberry bold browser to navigate to m.youtube.com, and selected a video
    This brings up a dialog box asking whether I would like to switch to WAP for streaming media. On my first attempt I selected ok which launched the media player.
    In the top right of the viewing area of media player is a green notification which tells me the video is "loading..." This eventually disappears and the screen remains blank but now the time length of the video shows on the transport at the bottom of the screen.
    Next I press play to start the video. After a few seconds a message appears saying "An error has occurred attempting to play media" and that is that.

Can anyone tell me whether this is a software/hardware/network issue and whether there is an easy solution?

Thanks

bga123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    y first thought would be to download the video to the memory card (if this is possible) and then use a free utility like gspot to see if the format is compatoble with the supported Blackberry video formats.

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2
    I read that the bold is having problems streaming video it has to do with the OS ,if I read correct.I think it was the Australia Blackberry Bold post to be working on updated OS.

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    pull the battery and try again

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mortys11 View Post
    pull the battery and try again
    Try this it worked when I updated my pearl

mortys11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i had to do this a few times now it streams on 3g and wifi

Have tried the battery pull several times with now advance on the previous situation.
    Have also updated my OS to 4.6.0.126 with no luck.
    Anyone else got any ideas?

grandview no está en línea Stack level 2

visit www.mymovy and download/install the BB wifi player

visit mymovy.com

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbluemusic View Post
    Have tried the battery pull several times with now advance on the previous situation. Have also updated my OS to 4.6.0.126 with no luck. Anyone else got any ideas?
    I have exactly the same problem as tigerbluemusic.

I can connect to Wifi and can browse the Internet without a problem. However, if I go to youtube or m.youtube and try and stream a video - or try and stream music from an Internet radio site, I get exactly the same symptoms as tigerbluemusic - namely "In the top right of the viewing area of media player is a green notification which tells me the video is "loading..." This eventually disappears and the screen remains blank but now the time length of the video shows on the transport at the bottom of the screen. Next I press play to start the video. After a few seconds a message appears saying "An error has occurred attempting to play media" and that is that."

I have tried battery pulls and forcing the default browser to be the Hotspot browser.

I upgraded to the latest OS but it makes no difference.

Anyone else have this problem?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

minitank no está en línea Stack level 2
    Me to. I'm not sure what the problem is. Perhaps its a lie and we cant stream videos on our Orange UK Bold's (even tho mine is not locked or branded to the network)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Looks like this is an Orange UK issue, as i can definitely stream videos on my Rogers bold.
    Make sure your APN is setup right and if it still doesn't work try updating your OS and if it still does not work contact your Blackberry Tech Support number for your local carrier they probably know.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Looks like this is an Orange UK issue.
    I am on Vodafone (UK) - so Orange users are not alone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    then a UK issue lol. Everywhere else it seems to be working.
    try contacting them

I don't know whether anyone else has made any progress on this?
    I've just updated my OS to 4.6.0.147 but I'm still getting the same message. I had FULL 3G signal when I tried so I doubt it's anything to do with strength of signal.

Abbsta no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Stacker
    I had .147 and I was able to stream until I got an error towards the end of the video (I think it was 10+ mins video) after which I couldn't play anything.

Now I'm back to .127 (not for long though as I think .147 was locking to GPS faster) and I just checked it again and it played 2 videos fine (4 & 6 mins). Both times I was using wifi though.

I'm on Vodafone UK but with an unbranded Bold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast