hi had no problems using my 9700, if i type a email i push the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

cant seem to attach pictures to emails using my new 9780...

Advertisement

hi had no problems using my 9700, if i type a email i push the menu key it wont attach....

ahhh think ive worked it out.... not use to having separate folders one for camera picture and picture library and then the usual folders, it seems you cant attach anything in the camera pictures or picture libary, it has to be moved to another folder!!! cant be right.... anyone else using OS6??

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Not certain what's going on. I'm able to attach pics from any folder. I have 9780 w/OS 6... Lets see if anyone has any solutions. Since you are hitting menu then attach then it lists the diff things you should be able to attach.

yeah me neither, i think there is a possibility its just the pictures from the media card i cant attach to emails, theres a setting somewhere thats ticked or not ticked and its a protection or something. Ive gone in security settings and took the password off everything still no joy. I seem to remember when swiching devices there was a box that encrypted the transfer... perhaps that has something to do with it.. perhaps i need to start all over again.. i took a pic today and can click send and pick email so its something ive done rather than faulty or probem 0S....

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Ok I think I know where you're coming from, instead of choosing to attach a picture.... Choose attach a folder - then you're able to nav to your media card and see all your folders.

If you choose attach picture - I only have the pics that's stored on my device only.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    Ok I think I know where you're coming from, instead of choosing to attach a picture.... Choose attach a folder - then you're able to nav to your media card and see all your folders.

If you choose attach picture - I only have the pics that's stored on my device only.

Hope that helps.
    cheers but nope, if i say compose a email, menu / attach / picture i go into my picture folders, i can see the pictures even click on them but they dont attach!!!!! either if i go into the pictures menu it dont work. I'm going to try to wipe it and reload everything on it again.... just tried putting the card in the 9700 taking off all the protection and putting it in the 9780 and still no joy can see them cant attach them

arrrgh strange i just went into another folder and some i can send some i cant!!! wondering if i put in drive mode, copy all the stuff off and then put it back on the card via the phone again.....
    Last edited by stolt; 11-24-2010 at 04:40 PM.

hope i'm not making it worse for myself, i still have the wiped 9700, so i transferred some images (extensions REMs) to the memory card ad even though there on the 9700 i cant see the images when i click on them i get unable to display images..... if i selected all the rem images and changed them to extension JPG would that work... or am i clutching at straws here?

thanks

think ive found a work around, its got something to do with encryption on a old device, changed all the pics around but ive i copy them to a another folder i can send them from there.... not sure why but it works