I posted this under 'new os' and then realized it should have been a new ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Can't restore data with .185 upgrade

Advertisement

I posted this under 'new os' and then realized it should have been a new thread, so please pardon the double posting.

Has anyone had trouble with the .185 upgrade? Everything seemed to go well until the end, when Desktop manager said the applications could not be loaded. Usually not a big deal because I can just go to the backup file and load them manually. But when I try to do that, all of the files in the backup are greyed out, and there are no files listed on the right (the ones already on the device, under 'device database')....and just before that, I get the 'no device connected' message. Anyone have any ideas before I go back to the original OS?

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Update: I found I am unable to restore just the messages and etc using the Advanced part of desktop manager, but it looks like I'm able to do a complete restore. It's working on it now. I'll post again if it doesn't work.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

PIN/ID
    AskMe

ggreen05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used the Device Switch Wizard which worked when neither the complete restore or the manual databases restore options worked. (FYI)