I've tried searching before I posted but I didn't find an answer to my issue. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2

cant move apps on homescreen?

Advertisement

I've tried searching before I posted but I didn't find an answer to my issue. At times I am unable to move apps on the homescreen. I try to click the menu-move but it doesn't come up. This happens most often on weatherbug, and to move it I have to re arrange the apps around it. Does anyone know what causes this to happen and how to fix it? Thanks in advance for your help.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    what device are you using? and are you using a custom theme?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm using an AT&T bold and I have the precision silver on that came with it.

MADBRADNYC no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericmechanik View Post
    I've tried searching before I posted but I didn't find an answer to my issue. At times I am unable to move apps on the homescreen. I try to click the menu-move but it doesn't come up. This happens most often on weatherbug, and to move it I have to re arrange the apps around it. Does anyone know what causes this to happen and how to fix it? Thanks in advance for your help.
    You know. I have seen this same behavior with my T-Mobile 8900 v4.6.1.114. I am glad I am not alone, or crazy. I have experienced this with only 1 icon-PodTrapper, and only AFTER I utilize the application. Any other time the menu to move it shows. I initially thought it was something wrong with the developers icon, but in working with him (Marcus is great) we believed that it was possibly the theme used. I later noticed it would happen with the stock precision theme. I now believe it is a problem with RIM and their OS's interactions with the various icons on the home menu.

Have you also noticed that when you go upwards at just the right speed, the highlight for the various icons on the "all icon" screen disappears? You then have to come back downwards on your "all icon" screen for the highlighting to show on an icon? This happens to me pretty often, regardless of theme, which is why I believe that is is a problem with RIM.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    There are some custom themes that I have downloaded that don't allow me to move weatherbug. That's very interesting about some icons not moving after u have accessed them. Weatherbug has een the only app I haven't been able to move, and its only with certain custom themes. I have a Bold and that's theonly prob I have had so far with not being able to move icons.

MADBRADNYC no está en línea Stack level 2
    I know. Weird huh? I only have the issue with one (1) single icon as well.

Maybe one of these Stackers see this as well, and can provide some insight.

As for myself, I haven't got a clue as to why this happens.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Hahhaaa! I don't know either, maybe it is a phone issue. Maybe its a rim issue maybe it is a theme issue. But I will tell u this, there is only one theme creator than I hav run across (who makes very cool themes) that I haven't been able to move just weatherbug on every one of his themes. Maybe that's an issue with the program they use to build the theme....who knows. We ought to post something about this in the theme threads and see what we come up with....! I bet Chris knows. Cmangum...what about it? :d