Hi Did have the BB App Store app downloaded. Then upgraded to the 5.2.0.64 Platform ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Can't locate BB App Store App

Advertisement

Hi
    Did have the BB App Store app downloaded. Then upgraded to the 5.2.0.64 Platform and cannot locate it anywhere (have checked in all folders). All the apps are still on the BB.
    Went to download the App Store app again but had a pop-up saying I already had it on my BB and did I want to replace it with the newer version - I said yes - but still cannot find it anywhere.
    Are there any hidey holes I'm missing where it might be lurking?
    Thanks in advance.
    SM

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You'll need to go into the apps (can't remember how to do that on a 9000), delete AppWorld then reinstall it. That should get you back in shape.

Options>Advanced Options>Applications, I think.

Thanks Roger, but already tried to find it in the Apps list (Options>Applications).

All other apps are there but not the BB App Store App - v. frustrating.

Any other ideas?

Cheers
    SM

Have you tried the infamous battery pull?

Thanks - tried that and now it's rebooted have checked to see if BB App Store App appeared in App list, but it hasn't. So, am trying to download again to see if it'll reinstall it this time but finding nothing happens after I've entered my email address and pressed the 'submit' button. Battery is really low, perhaps that's causing the 'submit issue', so will charge over-night and try this tomorrow and post again.

Thanks and have a good night.
    SM

Mini Update - Managed to get past the 'submit issue' and have tried to re-install the App. Received a prompt box during re-install stating 'Application "Blackberry App World" already exists. Replace version 1.1.0.33 with version 2.0.1.12?'
    Pressed 'Replace', it then seemed to download the app again, then needed to reboot. After waiting for reboot, I'm back to square 1 with BB Store App nowhere to be found. Soooooooooo frustrating.

SM

Not even in your app list? It's gotta be there. It will say BlackBerry App World.

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book and look for it there, too.

Thumbs up

Many thanks Roger, you're a star. The Service Book search did the trick as it was lurking in there (but not on the 'standard' App list for some reason). So deleted it, re-installed and it's now finally appearing.

Best festive wishes to you!
    SM

(slight thread creep) By the way, Roger, which BB model are you using now? Haven't upgraded from 9000 as yet as was waiting for the Torch but it seems a little chunky and I'm hoping the v.2 will be a tad slimmer.

Glad you got it sorted out. I'm using the Torch. Love it. I've heard others describe it as a bit top heavy (or chunky, as you put it), but it's really a solid device. Beautiful touch screen and a physical keyboard to boot. Best of both worlds. I'd say either the new Bold (9780) or the Torch. Couldn't go wrong with either.

Very interesting feedback, thanks. I guess it can't be made too much slimmer anyway, given its 'dual function'/capabilities and it needs to be robust to handle the pull/push action. Have been loathe to change docks etc, but will maybe take a closer look and catch up on some posts over on the Torch forum section.

All the best
    SM