Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

On my Bold 9700 (5.1.0.91) I had Blackberry App World installed and working fine. An ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tclaremont no está en línea Stack level 2

Cant find AppWorld

Advertisement

On my Bold 9700 (5.1.0.91) I had Blackberry App World installed and working fine. An update for App World came out, so I went though the OTA update. Since then, the App World icon is nowhere to be found. It is not in downloads. It is not on my home screen. I have looked in every folder. I do NOT have icons hidden.

When I go to the list of applications (Options, Applications, Add-Ons) App World is listed.

To try to fix this, I deleted App World, and then downloaded it again. It says it was successfully installed.

Where the heck is it?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have any folders hidden? From your home screen, press the BB menu button and select Show All.

You should have a Downloads folder, which is where most applications end up after downloading. The folder has an arrow pointing down into it.

As clearly stated in my post, I dont have anything hidden. I have "hidden" and "unhidden" several times, and within the downloads folder specifically and the only thing in there is my T-Mo account manager.

Quote Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
    As clearly stated in my post, I dont have anything hidden.
    Sorry, I missed that the first time around.

Have you tried rebooting your device or doing a battery pull?

Sure did, Roger. Several times. I know my way around the BB pretty well, but this one has me stumped! I thought sure that deleting it and then reinstalling it would allow it to show up in my downloads folder again but no such luck.

I just tried installing via the DM through my PC and same result. It says "Successfully Installed" but I cant locate an icon for it ANYWHERE on the phone, even being very careful to ensure that SHOW ALL is in effect. I am flummoxed.

Hm. That is a poser. Same thing happened to me when that update came out, but when I redownloaded, it showed up just fine......actually in the same spot on the home screen as it was before.

Did it require you to bounce the device after you deleted it the first time to ensure the deletion? I know that's usually the case, but just checking.

Have you tried resending Service Books? If so, maybe try the uninstall/reinstall one more time? If you do, at the point it tells you it successfully installed, there should be a dialog box to click Ok or Run. Choose Run this time around and see what happens.

I moved to 5.1.0.146 the icon is back. Can't say I know what the problem was, but changing the platform got it back.

smellybelly no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have exactly the same problem.. but my phone is a blackberry 9300 but help me what is a platform and what do i do to get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by smellybelly View Post
    i have exactly the same problem.. but my phone is a blackberry 9300 but help me what is a platform and what do i do to get it to work?
    If you go into Options>Device>Application Management do you see AppWorld? If so, click on it and select Delete. Reinstall it from www.blackberry.com/appworld.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    If you go into Options>Device>Application Management do you see AppWorld? If so, click on it and select Delete. Reinstall it from www.blackberry.com/appworld.
    ahhh thank you so much i have it back.

Good deal......glad you've recovered it.

ok now i have another problem i was hoping you could help me with i have app world but when i try and log on with my account it says 'an error has occured, please try again later' ive tried about a million times and its not my account cause it works on my friends phone it must be my app world ive tried almost everything what can i do?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The first thing I would try is to do a battery pull, if you have already tried this and it doesn't help then it sounds like there may have been a problem with the install, have you tried re-installing the application, since it seems to be sending an incorrect username or password.

ok im being dumb again whats a battery pull?,i have re-installed app world like 100 times should i try making another blackberry account?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast