Hey all, I just got my new 9700 at TMO in the store today. All ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3

Can't connect to the internet

Advertisement

Hey all, I just got my new 9700 at TMO in the store today. All is working great (SMS, Email, MMS, Messenger) but I can't get on to the internet. Any ideas?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you tried resending your service books?

Yes. Spoke with a tmo rep who said the internet is still provisioning so we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Have you tried resending your service books?

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3
    What does provisioning mean? I've had this same problem. The browser is totally hit and miss. 95% of the time it doesn't seem to want to load web pages. Most of the time it just says the network as timed out or there has been some sort of an error. Everything else seems to be working great. I've even used it as a modem for my laptop and got great speeds (almost 1MB/S download). What's the deal? This is so frustrating.

Since I just got the phone today they said it can take 48 hours to get the data up and running althogh I never had this issue on any other berry. How long have you had yours?

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    I'm having the same issue, had the 9700 in my hands at 11am and the internet worked great until around 6pm. Now the page doesn't load under the internet browser, I need to use the web2go as default to search the web. I'm giving it until the morning to work again.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have never had anything like that happen to me. As soon I register I am up and going. Have you gone into the HRT and registered the device?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There is a reported BlackBerry Internet service outage, many are having issues tonight, just waiting for RIM to fix it
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleresq View Post
    Since I just got the phone today they said it can take 48 hours to get the data up and running althogh I never had this issue on any other berry. How long have you had yours?
    I got mine today around 2. I just called T-Mobile and they said I needed a different data plan because this device is 3G (???????). I have had the same Blackberry plan for 3 years now and I don't understand why it should be any different just because it's 3G. Oh well. They said they fixed it and should be working normally within 24 hours. We'll see.