when ever my device is backing up my computer gives me an error code before ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Andre no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant Backup my device

Advertisement

when ever my device is backing up my computer gives me an error code before the competion of the backup stating that there has been an error. I noticed that it always stops around the caledar part of the backup, what can I do

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Hi Andre... I don't know how helpful I can be, but I'll try.These may seem like dumb questions. Have you updated your desktop manager? And do you have any other programs running on your PC? Does the DM say "fatal error has occured"? Try updating the DM, stop any programs besides DM, then hook phone back up to PC, and try again. That may work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    when ever my device is backing up my computer gives me an error code before the competion of the backup stating that there has been an error. I noticed that it always stops around the caledar part of the backup, what can I do

Andre no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant Backup my device

I have tried all of the listed information but still end up at the same place

PIN/ID
    be kind
    Have you tried rebooting both the PC and the phone? Perhaps, upgrading DM to latest software? This might sound like a pain... Try taking all entries from calender. Put them back when you're done. Sorry I'm not much help, but that's all I know to do. I had a the same problem not long ago. Again, sorry I'm not more helpful.
    I have tried all of the listed information but still end up at the same place

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I get that often, since I seem to update ASAP.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    be kind
    Hey.. I'm at work right now, I'll rack my brain to remember exactly what I had to do get it right. I'll check back in a couple of hours.. Hopefully you'll have it by then, but if not. I might have remembered what I had to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonring View Post
    Have you tried rebooting both the PC and the phone? Perhaps, upgrading DM to latest software? This might sound like a pain... Try taking all entries from calender. Put them back when you're done. Sorry I'm not much help, but that's all I know to do. I had a the same problem not long ago. Again, sorry I'm not more helpful.

PIN/ID
    be kind
    How do you fix it? The last time it happened to me it ran me up the wall trying to fix it. I hope you know an easier way than me.... As I have no doubt it'll happen again.LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by mDRagON- View Post
    I get that often, since I seem to update ASAP.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Happens also to me as I try to backup my BOLD. I solved it with a backup from my 8310 and restore that backup to the BOLD. After that it works w/o errors.

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

i incountered this problem i had to erase all my firmwars and desktop manager from my computer reinstalled everything i only realised this after i tried backing it up on one of my other computers and noticed it backed up my phone perfectly fine on there

Toan04 no está en línea Stack level 1

This might not work but worth a shot, try clearing all of your browser cache on the phone before the backup.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This seems to be quite the issue on the Bold and has been report to RIM as such.

One thing you can do is to make note of what database is being backed up at the time of the error. Go into Advanced and after the list of databases loads, scroll down to the offending database, highlight it and press Clear. As Toan mentioned, in many cases, the database causing the failure is the browser cache, so you can either clear that from your device (in the browser, press Options>Cache Operations and clear all that out) or from the Advanced function within the Desktop Manager Backup and Restore process.

I don't have a Bold, but yesterday this happened to me on Message List Options. Cleared it out and was on my way again!

Hope this helps!
    Roger

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Goto your last good backup and restore it onto your device.

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    We have experienced this on many Bold phones .
    For us upgrading the OS did the trick . (you don't have a backup of it though before the upgrade so fingers crossed) . All phones with problems were running versions prior to .162 .
    after the upgrade backups are possible .

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried removing the calendar from the backup to see if it will backup everything else? If it works, then you know it is something with your calendar stuff. If your PC calendar is up to date, then try having the pc sync and overlay the calendar on the phone. If all that works, then put your settings back to normal and try backing everything up again. I had an issue with my contacts at one time.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    its happened to me many times before. The only way I can fix it is to do an advance backup and deselect the particular item that gives an error during the regular backup.