I usually have my phone on in the car, talking on a headset.. I occasionally ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Scruffylookin13 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can you guys recommend a good car mount?

Advertisement

I usually have my phone on in the car, talking on a headset.. I occasionally use my BB for the GPS Navigator. The problem is I don't have any decent cup holders or anything to rest my bold in. I want to get a mount but there are so many different kinds and I don't want to go through the trouble of ordering them on line only to find out they are crappy, or they keep falling off or something.

Can you guys recomend a good one that will leave access to the usb plug open so I can keep charging it?

oh.. and 1 more thing. I would like the external speakers still open if possible, cause sometimes when I get a call I am not expecting I throw on speaker phone. (You cant talk on the phone itself or youll get a ticket where I live)

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    I'm looking for something similar, but for the Storm...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Um... Google pro-clip(s) I think. I can't remember right off hand. Its a good mounting system all customnized/fitted for different types of cars. Sorry I would get you a link but I'm mobile
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

abubacus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Um... Google pro-clip(s) I think. I can't remember right off hand. Its a good mounting system all customnized/fitted for different types of cars. Sorry I would get you a link but I'm mobile
    proclipusaDOTcom. They are the best

ckroaderick no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    325A8ECE
    I use my berry a lot for GPS as well. Went to Discount Auto Parts store and found a universal GPS mount from Bracketron Inc. Sides are fully adjustable (so USB is accessable) and it came with 4 different mounting options. Currenty I use the swivel mount which allows me to move berry so I can see the screen even in harsh sunlight. To me, the best part was the quality of this mount for the $. This thing was under 25.00. I know its not for cellphones but it works great. I have friends who have other phones that love it as well. You may be able to find it online by searching "discount auto parts" or by Bracketron Inc.
    Hope that helps.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have a car mount that I have used from www.pocketsolution.com for a couple of years now. It has been more reliable than I expected and they do come device specific.

tellsells no está en línea Stack level 2
    If money is no object, then proclip is the way to go. I just got one last week and it is the best mount out there. It is customized for every device and every car. The holder hooks up without glue, tape, screws, or onto vents. I have a Bold in my Yukon and it took 30 seconds to attach. It is rock solid.
    But it is expensive.

www.proclipusa.com

suyup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffylookin13 View Post
    I usually have my phone on in the car, talking on a headset.. I occasionally use my BB for the GPS Navigator. The problem is I don't have any decent cup holders or anything to rest my bold in. I want to get a mount but there are so many different kinds and I don't want to go through the trouble of ordering them on line only to find out they are crappy, or they keep falling off or something.

Can you guys recomend a good one that will leave access to the usb plug open so I can keep charging it?

Scruffy and boxaberry, here one of a good veh mount for your bold and or storm esp. when you are frequently using your bb as gps: http://shop.crackberry.com/arkon-wei.../3A78A3811.htm

It has a medium-heavy bean bag that you put on your dashboard, not on/near top of air bag or anything that interfere your road view. Then you just need to adjust the tilt and pan on the mount to get the best view of your bb while driving. Plus, in states like California and Minnesota, where the use of windshield suction pedestals is prohibitied, it will be a good investment for you.

I have been using this for my curve for 3 months and I love it so much.
    Last edited by suyup; 04-21-2009 at 10:48 AM.

the pocketsolutions seems to be a dead link. As for the sandbag one, while it seems like a decent car holder, how big is it. I drive an SUV that has a really small window (huge dash but not a lot of actual front window) so I am afraid it would be way to big...

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got this one a week ago. Its been working great!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138084373294

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^ ^that's awesome! I'll go to best buy one of these days and get one bro.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Thanks to everyone for all the great info!

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    ^ ^that's awesome! I'll go to best buy one of these days and get one bro.
    No probelm! Its working great so far. I put my Zune in there and display whatever is on my zune screen onto my indash dvd player then I put my phone over the screen of the Zune. That way I can still control my Zune and see my phone at the same time.

suyup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffylookin13 View Post
    the pocketsolutions seems to be a dead link. As for the sandbag one, while it seems like a decent car holder, how big is it. I drive an SUV that has a really small window (huge dash but not a lot of actual front window) so I am afraid it would be way to big...

Scruffy, the base itself is 6.5 x 1.5 x 8 inches. It should fit perfectly even with small window on SUV like Jeep Cherokee type.