Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

OK!! I just downloaded the link....it installed....when i clicked on "application loader" -> "update applications" ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jchao617 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2186410E

Advertisement

OK!! I just downloaded the link....it installed....when i clicked on "application loader" -> "update applications" it's telling me that i don't need to update my software, is it because it's already in their? or how do i change it to update that version? when i looked at my phone...it still doesn't show 2g under "Manage connection" i think i still have the older version not "4.6.0.282" how can i get rid of the old version and get the new one?

please help!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Did you delete the 'Vendor.xml' file that was added when you installed the new OS on your PC? Been my experience that if you don't, it won't install since it's usually for a different carrier. If you did, then I'd go run the Loader.exe program and install it that way. As always though, make sure you do a backup before an OS update.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    2186410E
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Did you delete the 'Vendor.xml' file that was added when you installed the new OS on your PC? Been my experience that if you don't, it won't install since it's usually for a different carrier. If you did, then I'd go run the Loader.exe program and install it that way. As always though, make sure you do a backup before an OS update.
    Sorry!! where do i delete "Vendor.xml"?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    It's going to be located in '\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader' on your PC. I would highly recommend the guide here on upgrading your OS. Very easy to follow and it can help keep your device from becoming a brick.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    2186410E
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    It's going to be located in '\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader' on your PC. I would highly recommend the guide here on upgrading your OS. Very easy to follow and it can help keep your device from becoming a brick.

ok!! i deleted it..going to try to reinstall it and see if that work.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ok. Let me know how it goes and if you need anymore help.
    How to upgrade your OS

PIN/ID
    2186410E
    ok!! cool it worked. i can change from 3g to 2g now. Now let see how long the battery will last. hehe

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Glad to here it. Most likely you'll see a decent battery improvement over the stock OS.
    How to upgrade your OS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234