i have a WAP browser and a browser. the WAP is set to Media Net ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ld-runner no está en línea Stack level 2

can i have multiple browser settings?

Advertisement

i have a WAP browser and a browser. the WAP is set to Media Net and the brower is set to Internet Browser. Can i create or make a shortcut to another browser that is set to HotSpot? I hate having to change the settings when i am at home or work where WiFi is always available.
    I mean the whole browser thing is confusing to me. with media net i can do some things. on the browser i can do other things.... why can't i just do everything with 1 browser?
    i have found i CANNOT download files unless i am using WiFi and the browser is set to HotSpot. files like mp3, mp4, flv, avi.....

freakinvibe no está en línea Stack level 1
    You should be able to leave it on the WAP browser, see details here

w ww.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/126523-internet-v-hotspot-browser.html

but, when i use WAP, which settings are MediaNet / Internet Explorer, i cannot download or stream data. An example is, being able to download an .mp4 file or stream an .avi file from a media server. i can only do this when i have the browser set to 'Hotspot' and WiFi is available. It is almost as if AT&T does not allow this type of activity via 3G.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ld-runner View Post
    It is almost as if AT&T does not allow this type of activity via 3G.
    Bingo!

AT&T uses it's MediaNet WAP browser for proprietary content, and restricts what an individual user can do. However it has nothing to do with 3G. It's their MediaNet Browser. It's been that way for years.

but the behavior is identical when i use the blackberry browser. ( im on a BES )

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ld-runner View Post
    but the behavior is identical when i use the blackberry browser. ( im on a BES )
    OK, now with this additional info, and knowing you are on BES, you should talk to whoever is the support person in your organization about this. They have control over what you can and cannot do.

i guess i will jump over to the BES forum since I am the support poerson....lmao.