Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum and fixing to get my first BB. Just ... BlackBerry Bold forum

rt1168 no está en línea Stack level 1

Caller ID

Advertisement

Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum and fixing to get my first BB. Just waiting for the Bold to release on at&t. This forum has been very helpful in helping me make my decision, but i have one question. Is it possible, on a BB, to hide your caller ID from everyone, except your contacts? I have been using wm6 for the last 2 years and there is a setting in the program to hide your caller ID from everyone except your contacts. This feature comes in handy with my job and just wondering if I will be able to do this on a BB. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place and give thanks in advance for answers.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hmm i know you can just dial #31# before your number if you wanna hide your ID but as far as an option like this im not sure.

sorry

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    No, bberries don do that. # restriction has 3 options: HIDE # 1)ALWAYS 2)NEVER 3)NETWORK DETERMINED.
    I'm not sure if there is a 3rd party application that can do this but it would b very cool.
    Let's wait n c if som will come up on this thread. Now I'm interested 2

rt1168 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the responses. I was hoping that I would be able to continue to do this with a BB.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I just did the #31# and then dialed the number and it said identity description not subscribed or something like that. Any ideas? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I never heard of an app like that, but that would be a nice 3rd party app.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I usually just dial *67 xxx-xxx-xxxx if i don't want someone knowing it's me calling.

if someone could come up with an app that does this AND allow you to block certain #'s from calling you would sweet!!!

Yeah, it would be very cool. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blondee028 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F0E835
    go to phone> options>general> turn on restrict my idenitity> then scroll down to show my number and turn off That will hide it from everyone. otherwise you can use the black and white list.
    Last edited by blondee028; 09-05-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Yeah. I tried to do that and it said that my service provider is the one that has to allow that option. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blondee028 View Post
    go to phone> options>general> turn on restrict my idenitity> then scroll down to show my number and turn off That will hide it from everyone. otherwise you can use the black and white list.
    The black n white list only works for incoming calls (blocks selected incoming calls), but were wondering if there is somthing similar to restrict ur # from p'ple not in the phone book when making a call/ outgoing calls.