Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

about 50% of the time when i make calls, i get an onscreen notification indicating ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

call forward - conditional

about 50% of the time when i make calls, i get an onscreen notification indicating "Call Forwarding - Conditional."

why? what does that mean? does it impact the way calls are billed?

dominicnoon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same here!! Couldn't get an answer from sercive provider!! Digicel in Antigua.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Usually that means that the call was originally placed to a different number that you have forwarded to your current handset.

For example: I have two numbers. Let's call them #1 and #2. #1 is my business line and #2 is my personal line. When I forward #1 to #2 and someone calls #1 the #2 phone shows up with a line that says "call forwarding - conditional"

I hope this helps.
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    it simply is letting you know your calls will be forwarded to voice mail if any of 3 conditions are met. if you go to your recent calls, then press menu, and go to "Options>Call Forwarding", you will see
    Forward Unanswered Calls:
    1) If Busy - someone calls you and the lines is busy (or the line and call waiting if you have that), the call is forwarded to voicemail
    2) If No Reply - someone calls you and the phone rings and rings, eventually its forwarded to voicemail
    3) If Not Reachable - someone calls you and you are either in a no coverage area, or your phone is turned off, or your Blackberry's phone radio is turned off. The call is forwarded straight to voicemail.

you will notice it takes a few seconds to display the information, that is because the conditions are set on the network side, not on the blackberry, and the blackberry has to pull the information from the network.

that is why it still knows what to do if the phone is off

note: you can set this option to forward to any number you want, i set it to my gf's number when my battery is running the risk of dying
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 01-03-2009 at 09:20 PM.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    it simply is letting you know your calls will be forwarded to voice mail if any of 3 conditions are met
    Forward Unanswered Calls:
    1) If Busy - someone calls you and the lines is busy (or the line and call waiting if you have that), the call is forwarded to voicemail
    2) If No Reply - someone calls you and the phone rings and rings, eventually its forwarded to voicemail
    3) If Not Reachable - someone calls you and you are either in a no coverage area, or your phone is turned off, or your Blackberry's phone radio is turned off. The call is forwarded straight to voicemail.

Could be this as well. I just know with my provider in Canada this is the only way that I get the notification on my phone.
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The original post describes this occurring when a call is PLACED, not received.

The explanations thus far seem to be describing INCOMING calls, not OUTGOING calls.

I get the same thing when I am placing calls. AT&T was never able to tell me why.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Blog Entries
    I noticed this today on a call I placed. Could it be because of the beta (non-AT&T) OS I'm running?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    My explanation is for this dialogue occuring when you PLACE a call. The message is basically saying, since you're on a call, if another call comes in, the forwarding conditions apply~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    yeah...this happens when calls are placed not received.

i understand the call forwarding settings menu, but why does it get displayed each time? seems like one of those poorly thought out options. what purpose does it serve? i only noticed it when im on bluetooth and im staring at the phone after i press send. when i use the handset to my ear, i dont even see the message. whats the point?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by KriK View Post
    Usually that means that the call was originally placed to a different number that you have forwarded to your current handset.

For example: I have two numbers. Let's call them #1 and #2. #1 is my business line and #2 is my personal line. When I forward #1 to #2 and someone calls #1 the #2 phone shows up with a line that says "call forwarding - conditional"

I hope this helps.
    i hear ya, but i disagree. my forward settings are unchanged and default as when my account was created.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree that its weird that it doesn't show up every single time. I also fail to see how it was a poorly thought out option. This option actually makes you more flexible and is a network option not limited to blackberry's.

The positive about the call forwarding menu is it allows you to configure your settings to use any voicemail provider, whether its your carriers vm or youmail or any other provider

This also allows for other useful things like in my case, when my battery would go very low, and I was afraid it would die soon, I'd set calls to forward to my gfs number so I wouldn't miss a thing

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree that its weird that it doesn't show up every single time. I also fail to see how it was a poorly thought out option. This option actually makes you more flexible and is a network option not limited to blackberry's.

The positive about the call forwarding menu is it allows you to configure your settings to use any voicemail provider, whether its your carriers vm or youmail or any other provider

This also allows for other useful things like in my case, when my battery would go very low, and I was afraid it would die soon, I'd set calls to forward to my gfs number so I wouldn't miss a thing
    it seems i poorly communicated my last point. the poorly thought out part relates to why the bb displays the status of call forwarding each time. i think its great that the end user can set the call forwarding options, but since there is no formal explanation for the end user to have as to the specific meaning of the message, its poorly thought out in how the notification is displayed.

why would i want to see the status of call forwarding each time i make a call, or in this case, sometimes, and why sometimes and not all the time? just doesnt make sense...

im sure rim has some explanation they consider logical, i just dont know what it is! :-)

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~haha neither do I but I can assure you its not just rim, as a matter of fact I think the message is displayed by the network.

I mean obviously it is displayed by the phone but, I think the network causes the phone to display the message...I sell at&t phones and have seen this on phones from every manufacturer and many models

Another thing that has come to mind is that, maybe the message is to inform you of the call forwarding status of the party you are calling...
    I'm not sure since it displays almost immediately after you've dialed but then again I don't know how quickly a phone communicates with a network

wgflax no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have noticed this call forwarding conditional too on my blackberry 8220 when i have my Digicel (Trinidad) sim in the phone, but not for every call and sometimes for a call to the same Digicel number. However, I have not seen it happen when I swap my bmobile sim into the phone. Very strange!

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The issue annoyed me when I had my Bold enough to cause me to call AT&T's tech support. They told me to enter *#21# at the homescreen. It worked and I never saw that message afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast