Hi everyone. I've been using 5.0.0.411 flawlessly until I noticed that the calendar entries made ... BlackBerry Bold forum

robeko no está en línea Stack level 2

Calendar synching problem

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I've been using 5.0.0.411 flawlessly until I noticed that the calendar entries made in my Bold were not synching to Outlook. The contacts added to the contacts list worked ok as well as the calendar changes made in Outlook.

I've tried changing the preferred CICAL in Advanced options -> preferred services and also deleting the CICALs and resending the service books with no positive results.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have Desktop Manager set up to do a two-way sync?

Yes. And there have been no changes in DM. It was working fine before.

Perhaps you can find a clue in this thread.

Roger, thank you but I don´t think my problem can be solved following the advice on that thread simply because I have not made any changes to my 5 e-mail addresses nor I have installed the Facebook or any other app recently that may affect this.

Also the Default Services under Advanced Options remain unchanged.

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    Go into our Calendar application on the BlackBerry. Press the menu button and go into options. Now type the word MOVE (The letters will not be seen when you enter them) It will then ask you if you want to move all apointments in base system calendar to what your email address is listed. Press yes and after everything has been moved then atempt the synchronization again.

Thanks Boricua but that didn't work either. I deleted all but the main e-mail account through BIS and MOVEd all entries into the main account calendar. When I connect to DM and try to synch it tries to eliminate all entries in Outlook.

I've already tried deleting everything in the main calendar in the Bold and synch unidirectionally from Outlook. The data goes into the default calendar. If I make a new entry in the Bold it would not appear in Outlook after synching.

To be sure, you are using the same address on your device as the Outlook address, correct?

I finally fixed it. I used the DM option to reestablish the synch settings to factory presets and configuring them again. Now it's all working fine. Thanks to Roger and Boricua for the help.

Glad you got it working again, robeko!