I am having the same problem so many other people are having. Can anyone really ... BlackBerry Bold forum

runningmanvr6 no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar Problems

Advertisement

I am having the same problem so many other people are having. Can anyone really explain how the CICAL service books work, and how I can finally get everything to work together. I used to get my phone, send all service books for all of my emails, and then delete all of the CICAL service books because it would mess with my calendar syncing with Outlook. However, with the new facebook app which always sends the CICAL service book, that has become too cumbersome.

What is the correct way to set up your calendar. Is there some way to default your calendars? I can't go on not knowing how to properly set this up anymore.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can set the Default Services for calendar and e-mail, if that's what you mean.

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services to do this.

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Im also having the same problem. Im at a complete loss as to what to do. I sync with Missing Sync on my Macbook and it doesnt even send the calendar entries any more. Im assuming its something to do with Facebook as the calendar is set by default to this.

Same thing, Janie. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services.

The CICAL and CMIME settings must match what you are trying to sync with.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I dont know if it matters as it doesnt seem to on mine, but turn off the callendar within the facebook application, by going to menu > Options and unchecking the callendar integration.

What version of facebook are you running? I saw what you describe while useing 1.5

I dont see this on mine with version 1.6 my cical stayed as gmail for google sync, and cmime is hotmail for default messaging. Facebook didnt bother it
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Every time I've loaded facebook, it's changed my default calendar. I just know to look for that and I've never integrated anything to do with facebook to my device!

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    hrmm weird, mine didnt change.. maybe its because I have the google sync app installed and its controling it? or maybe because when i do run google sync it changes it for me and i never notice it.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Im considering using Google Sync - is it any good?? Im fed up of trying to sort this. Gone back to Facebook calendar as when I changed it I lost all my entries on the 'today' theme I use, despite them still being in the main calendar.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I have had a couple of today themes that are today, and for some reason either calendar or messages didnt show up like they were supposed to, i just switched themes and they worked again. *shrugs*

I personally have not had a single problem with google sync, love the contacts and callendar, and when I am on the PC and update or update it on my phone (works both ways) it updates in the other place, I also like that you can merge contacts on the pc (I imported contacts from hotmail, work, gmail, and yahoo, so i had tons of duplicates, but it didnt take long to merge them into one single contact

NOTE sync can take awhile on your phone, even on wifi if you have tons of appointments and contacts.