Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am sure that this has been talked over a bit. I had used BBSmart ... BlackBerry Bold forum

capg2000 no está en línea Stack level 2

BSmart...? Bold...?

Advertisement

I am sure that this has been talked over a bit.
    I had used BBSmart on my Pearl with great results. IS there a HTML viewer that is in the Bold or is there any version of BBSmart or another program that will run html emails?
    Thanx.. Capt G

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes there is. I have herd of them but can not recall them at the moment. Sorry.
    There is a discussion somewhere on this site that mentioned it.
    Last edited by azstar; 03-04-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: content
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I purchased bbsmart for my curve. I was deterred when I upgraded to the bold and it said the program wasn't for the bold. NOT TRUE!!! I asked for a new activation code for my pin and it works just fine!! Contact handango or whoever you made your purchase with for the new code.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

melovetea no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24A6E66A
    I'm not sure what to believe...this is the email response I got when I asked for a new code for my Bold.

"Sorry, BBSmart Email Viewer is not compatible with the BlackBerry Bold. At this time there are no plans to release a Bold compatible version as the Bold has native HTML email viewing capabilities that supersede the viewer offered with BBSmart Email Viewer.

If you are unsure how to enable native HTML email on your BlackBerry please see http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/137798-how-enable-html-email-your-blackberry.html"

Thanks.

Best Regards,

JaneBBSmart
    Last edited by melovetea; 03-04-2009 at 10:27 AM.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    There's a program called empowermail I believe... Had a trial of it for some time... (Didn't have the ability to purchase )

amkls704 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20816E98
    empowermail works pretty good. i used the trial but didn't buy it just because i didn't really use it all that often, but if it's something you'll use a lot, it's worth the buy.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    interesting that you guys say either will work. i bought both, haven't used either one since upgrading to 4.5 (and now onto a 4.6 BB) ... i always thought of both as more than just an html viewer. i like the fact that i could customize email accounts with fonts/colors/backgrounds.

gonna try to get the activation code, etc for my bold. will let you know

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    empower loaded on the bold and working just fine i LOVE this app and really missed it before the native html never works exactly as should ... this will def be a keeper once again

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Cherri, didn't know you got the Bold. Congrats!

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by melovetea View Post
    I'm not sure what to believe...this is the email response I got when I asked for a new code for my Bold.

"Sorry, BBSmart Email Viewer is not compatible with the BlackBerry Bold. At this time there are no plans to release a Bold compatible version as the Bold has native HTML email viewing capabilities that supersede the viewer offered with BBSmart Email Viewer.

If you are unsure how to enable native HTML email on your BlackBerry please see http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/137798-how-enable-html-email-your-blackberry.html"

Thanks.

Best Regards,

JaneBBSmart
    I'm not sure exactly how you worded your email but I didn't even bother to tell them I had a bold. I just stated that I updated my device, gave them my old pin # for verification and my new pin for the bold and viola! I had bbsmart again and I haven't had a problem with using at all. I personally think empower is better (my bf uses it on his curve and bold) I already paid for bbsmart so I said why switch. Try again... This time just do the pin switch. Hope it works!

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had a similar experience when I upgraded my 8830 from 4.2 to 4.5

Didn't need a new pin since I had the same device, but BBSMART always hung up when reading e-mail with it.

I got the same e-mail from Jane when I asked if they had a version that was compatible with 4.5 OS.

I might try the same thing and install it on my bold to see if it's better than the native e-mail reader.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Why are there so many people using 3rd party HTML email software on the Bold when it natively supports HTML email? Is there a distinct advantage to using any of these apps as oppsed to my native HTML support?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    The native really isn't all that man... I've used empower and there was a world of difference...

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Why are there so many people using 3rd party HTML email software on the Bold when it natively supports HTML email? Is there a distinct advantage to using any of these apps as oppsed to my native HTML support?
    I too have always stuck with the native HTML "decoder" if you will. what are the differences between the freebie native, and the payfor viewers??
    what exactly are they enabling you to do and why do you like it?
    and is empower really worth $30?
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm going to download the trial and see how it works on my bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast