So the new browser is pretty sweet, but I was wondering if anyone new the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3

Browser Question

Advertisement

So the new browser is pretty sweet, but I was wondering if anyone new the answer to this problem. So obviously the new browser does a decent job at rendering full webpages which is great, but takes a significant amount of time to render as compared to the mobile pages. Sometimes the mobile pages work just fine and are easier to use while other times I want to view the full pages. The problem lies in getting the blackberry to view the page I want it to view.

The only solution I have found is to get the blackberry to either emulate a Blackberry browser (mobile page viewing) or firefox (full page viewing) in the browser configuration setting. Right now I have my media net browser set to blackberry emulation and my internet browser set to firefox. This allows me to open up either one based on which type of page I want to view.

My question is whether there is another way of hotswapping inside one browser? If anyone knows, I would appreciate it if you could fill me in! Thanks a lot folks!
    Mechanical Engineering
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    2004 Honda CBR 1000RR "Fireblade"
    2006 Yamaha R6

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    to hot swap you would still need to restart the browser so yeah the answer would be no.

what settings do you use ranx?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    im on the Blackberry emulation mode.
    But lets say when i want to go on a website with a horrible mobile version (ign.com for example) i go back and select internet explorer as an emulation code.
    but like i mentioned earlier i need to make the change, get out of the browser and launch it again for it to work.

do you find you still get greats speeds as the internet explorer emulation? and i'll agree with you ign.com mobile site is total garbage lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    do you find you still get greats speeds as the internet explorer emulation? and i'll agree with you ign.com mobile site is total garbage lol
    fellow gamer ?
    yeah i still get the same speeds and it was surprising knowing the amount of Flash there's on ign's page.

yep im a fellow gamer haha i own all three game consoles and yeah ign's page is filled up with flash which is why im hoping RIM releases flash on their browser i dont know why there hasnt been that adidition already and hmm im still not getting great speeds i dont understand it though im running the same version of the OS and yet im not getting the same speeds any ideas?