I love my bold, but recently on one specific site, my browser loses fluidity. Meaning ... BlackBerry Bold forum

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C

browser performance

Advertisement

I love my bold, but recently on one specific site, my browser loses fluidity. Meaning that scrolling down the page is choppy.

Is there a best way to set up my browser to prevent this?? Is it the page??

I've been on this site many times before and this problem has just recently started.

Any thoughts?
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have had the same problem at times i deleted the browser cache and it seems to work a little better for me as i go along. hope this will help you out!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    To get pages faster go to browser options general properties, and set the image quality to low, the repeat animations to never, plain text and also clear the content cache form time to time, and make sure your browser emulation is to blackberry.

Hope that helps
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I gave up comparing speed as my 8900 on EDGE can, every time, out render my local NexRad radar map faster than my Bold on 3G with full bars. There is alot more going on here that I do not understand but I thought that 3G was going to be faster.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Thanx for the tips. Tried them, but the page is still extremely choppy.
    Other pages are absolutely fine. I think I'm going to write the page off. Too frustrating.
    They must have added something to the site that causes it to slow down my Bold.

Unless someones got a miracle cure, ill just have to search for a new site to get info from.

Thanx for your help guys, very much appreciated
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I would just dump that crappy bb browser and go with Opera Mini. Goes way faster than that crappola. My 2 cents
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Ill look into that raton, thanx

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by granwsmith View Post
    Ill look into that raton, thanx

I've been using opera mini eversince I got my bb and never looked back at that hideous thing (bb browser) I only use it when i need to copy/send a link to someone other than that opera mini has always come thru for me and not to mention downloading big files. I use it to listen to the Pinstack weekly Cast on a weekly basis as well as for other files such as zip files and what not. It's a great browsing experience. Now, if only RIM would get on the ball and at least try to match it. People keep saying that the bb browser has improved but in reality I think it got worse. I would much rather use opera mini but then again to each its own. I prefer it because it renders web pages a lot nicer almost pc like .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    How would one get Opera Mini?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    go to opera.com/mini on your bb and download it. i find overall that bolt is a faster browser than opera mini though. i rarely ever use opera anymore....

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Got opera, it works well with that site. What is Bolt and wherre can I get that. Ill compare and use whichever works best for me. Thanx

PIN/ID
    2093876C
    Ty psi chick