I just switched from a Curve 8310 to the Bold. Is there a way to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Browser cursor question

Advertisement

I just switched from a Curve 8310 to the Bold. Is there a way to disable the cursor in the browser so that the webpage links are just highlighted? I found that this made surfing much easier for me on my Curve.

Thanks

Yikes no one?

ashibek no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi there, congratulations on your switch! I have been using Bold for the last 10 months, the cursor is never there, i just get highlighted links, do look into browser options.

I looked everywhere it seems. I keep coming up with others asking the same question online (with no answers). Can't figure it out, but I'm starting to hate this browser because of it. Help!!

Still nothing? Anyone?

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm sorry, could you give a little more detail on what you are wanting? I guess I'm just dumb, but I don't understand your question.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Sure no problem Im trying to figure out how to make my browser use the "select mode." For previous BB's I've owned- when you scrolled thru the webpage, there was no cursor. As you would scroll, the various links on the page would simply highlight. On my Bold, there is a cursor instead and its kind of a pain in the butt...

Ok. I see what you're talking about now. I don't know if there is an option to not have the cursor for select mode. I would think that it would make it easier for you to select the text you want to copy.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Yeah. Its not really text I want to copy thats giving me issues. Its scrolling through pages and clicking on various links. It just seems to take sooooo much longer than it did on my Curve...plus I'm afraid the trackball is going to get worn out a lot quicker. I'm surprised BB has the selct mode on most BB's, but not on the Bold!

Oh. I see what you're referring to. Have you tried going into your browser options and changing the emulation mode? I think its options>browser config>scroll down to emulation and make sure its on blackberry.

I only see "Browser Identification" under "Browser Configuration." It is set on Blackberry. I do not see an emulation mode

Yeah that's what I meant. Sorry. I don't know anything else to suggest. I'm out of thoughts.

ashibek no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am sorry for not understanding your query correctly in the first place. I think i now understand what you were looking for. However, i really dont know if that option is available on Bold. You are right about the trackball wearing out with all the scrolling...

No problem. Thanks for responding back.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi, I don't know if this will help but you can scroll down the webpage a page at a time by pressing the spacebar, pressing T will take you to the top of the page and B to the bottom

It doesn't help with dissabling the curser but it does avoid using the trackball all the time
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102